Choke?!?

I keep getting 80+ Choke on ONLY Temerarious Server....

I played with my cl_updaterate and now I get it where I flux all the time.

12-90 choke whenever it wants to.

Any idea why or how I can fix this problem, b/c I really like playing in this server!!!

It just started too, I was fine before, now I'm not.

So I have a feeling it's me, but I didnt change anything really other than a few binds.

Help a Zest Out!

I had chokes of 0-110 before. Played with qa bunch of stuff, screwed it ALL up, then got it to here. Seems to be fixed. Rarely go over 8-10 (like once i think)

I have :

cl_cmdbackup 2

cl_updaterate 20

cl_cmdrate 30

I think cl_rate is set to 10000, but not sure. Would have to be ingame to check

I also have fps_max set to 60

and I think rate is set to 25000

dont forget...make copies or write down FIRST any changes. I toasted my config first time thru....bleh:)

np. Just so you all know ( if some dont remember) I went through about 24 hours of unplayable frustrating hell messing with my stuff lol.

I even found that you can get your ping to read about 3 using these commands, but its very choppy lol.

Ya, I Saw someone that i was just 1 v 1 during a morn. he changed it and i was like, no way.. but i knew it wasnt good for him bc i killed him and he said it was like i was just shooting and then it would lag and then he's dead.

0o0

Laz, it's good that u didnt let me spend 24 hours of hell to figure it out, b/c i dont have that kinda of time to be spending on something like this. i have so much other hellish things on my computer that need to be fixed, lol.

Twas a good Post :thumbsup:

From time to time I"ve tried to tweak my rates but never tried that combo. I've looked at "guides" or tips for figuring out your ideal rates but those never seemed to work.

I know what you're talking about though getting your ping to read lower, but then your choke or loss goes through the roof!