EA Football Monopoly

spiralstairs

Anyone hear about this? Kinda sucks, in my opinion. I was so psyched when I saw NFL 2k5 being sold for 20 bucks that I bought a copy even though I don't care for console games anymore. Turned out it was a really great game. A much more fun football game than Madden, I think.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsbusin...tory?id=1945691

Electronic Arts, the leading maker of sports video games, signed an exclusive five-year contract with the National Football League and the NFL Players Association, deals that will give the company sole possession of the licensed football video game business.

The partnership, which will commence with the publishing of Electronic Arts' Madden game next August, eliminates the competitive battle EA endured this year with ESPN's NFL 2K5 game, a joint venture between Sega and Take-Two Interactive. Without the use of team and player names, generic games have struggled for survival in the current environment.

Before this year, EA's Madden franchise -- which the company has sold more than 40 million copies of since its debut in 1989 -- previously dominated the football game marketplace. Bit players, including Midway, 989 Sports and Microsoft, dropped out of the licensed football game business this year.

But the Madden 2005 game was seriously challenged by NFL 2K5, thanks to good reviews and a pricing war. NFL 2K5 was available in stores in July for $19.95. For three months, the Madden game was priced at $49.95, until the company finally relented on Nov. 8 and lowered it by $20.

Edited by spiralstairs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Bilbo
Guest Bilbo
Guest Bilbo
Guests

yeah i heard and i loved it whebn i had playerd it it was awsome

• 1 month later...