I need a job =(

Brillow_Head

June 1st my lease is up at the house I'm staying at, my temp status at Daktronics is also up, my fiance graduates from college and wants to have a job at least a month before she grads, and in the same area as where I get a full time job...

So, I'm looking and looking for software engineering and electrical engineering positions, putting in aps here and there, but none are panning out as of yet...I'm really starting to freak out. So my question: does anyone know of a company that is hiring entry level software engineers (C/C++ embedded) or entry level electical engieers?

I can't sleep at night cause I'm getting so worked up!!

:sad:

June 1st my lease is up at the house I'm staying at, my temp status at Daktronics is also up, my fiance graduates from college and wants to have a job at least a month before she grads, and in the same area as where I get a full time job...

So, I'm looking and looking for software engineering and electrical engineering positions, putting in aps here and there, but none are panning out as of yet...I'm really starting to freak out.  So my question: does anyone know of a company that is hiring entry level software engineers (C/C++ embedded) or entry level electical engieers?

I can't sleep at night cause I'm getting so worked up!!

:sad:

Where is Brookings, South Dakota? (too lazy to look it up).

I hear ya regarding not being able to sleep do to a job situation.. I've been there and done that!

I have some connection's in Fargo, and western MN. However it's not in your field of work so to speeak. But I may be able to help you out in some way or another, if you are willing to move..

• 3 weeks later...

if you're willing/planning to relocate, craigslist is a GREAT resource. the default area is san francisco bay area, but notice to the right the list of cities--there are tons of em. find one that you like, then click either Jobs or a particular section (admin/office, internet engineer'g, etc). i've found it better to scan the entire jobs section as most people don't categorize on any standard.

http://www.craigslist.org

good luck.

ps - the gigs section of craigslist (lower right) is always a good resource, too. temporary, but i've had permanent work come out of it. they also have a specific gigs->computer section...

Sorry so long...

Additional Information: Location: Wisconsin

Salary Range: $8.50 to $16.00

Work Shift: First Shift (1st)

Position Description:

The main focus of the position is to work on development teams within the Advanced Technology Group to assist engineers with technology and product development work. This work can include: testing software, testing hardware, debugging or writing firmware and building or troubleshooting prototypes. The ability to understand circuit schematics, firmware and engineering documentation at a basic level is required.

Overall the individual will be working on new developments, and technologies. Some of the duties will be to help assemble and debug prototype equipment, from the electrical, firmware and potentially (if required) the mechanical aspects. The individual will be working with state of the art equipment and have the opportunity to participate in new technology development as it relates to our future products. Programming ability will help extend the individual’s participation in projects.

In addition this individual may be asked to help in other areas of product development, including prototype development which includes part development, assembly, and working in close support of the mechanical project engineers and technicians. This position works full time during summer months, with potential for additional hours during the school year.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An apptitude or desire to write firmware for embedded systems is required. This position is for the summer only.

Reporting Relationship/Scope of Position:

This position reports to the Engineering Manager Advanced Technology.

Position Requirements:

This position requires active enrollment in an Electrical or Computer Engineering Program with a minimum or 1 year of college education towards a engineering degree. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software is a must. Candidates considered will have, good technical ability, excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment as well as a knowledge of PC board development software. Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, or Visual Basic are a plus.

The individual will be working in a team environment.

(edited)

This is a full time position, i don't know your qualifications but it looks nice. But then again it's in Eau Claire, which is pretty much the middle of the state.

TKL Software Developer

Division: Eau Claire

Salary Range: to

Position Description:

This full-time position will be responsible for developing and maintaining GUI based software applications and proprietary printer drivers in a small team environment. To be successful in this position the candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and use new technologies and proprietary printer control languages. Candidate must have the ability to analyze, design, implement, test and provide ongoing support for applications and printer drivers using these languages.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This position will be located in Eau Claire, WI.

This position reports to Software Development Manager

Position Requirements:

Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or related field. Minimum 4 years of Windows application development experience preferably using C++ and MFC. Experience with graphics programming, COM, ATL and/or .NET including driver level work a plus. Requires good verbal and written communication skills to provide project update reports and to communicate effectively with team members, management and vendors. Requires strong analytical skills to analyze moderately complex engineering issues drawing on established procedures and experience to create alternative solutions.

Edited by Magruter

Title: Date Posted: Hiring Manager: Requisition ID:

TKL Software Developer (Drivers)

Division: Eau Claire

Salary Range: to

Position Description:

This full-time position will be part of our printer driver group and be responsible for developing and maintaining proprietary printer drivers for our software applications. To be successful in this position the candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and use multiple proprietary printer control languages. Candidate must have the ability to analyze, design, implement, test and provide ongoing support for printer drivers using these languages.

Candidate will routinely work with outside vendors and employees at other Brady locations as part of this position. Occasional travel in North America and Europe may be required.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This position will be located in Eau Claire, WI.

This position reports to the Software Development Manager.

Position Requirements:

Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or related field. Minimum 2 years of software development experience preferably using C++ and MFC including driver level work. Requires good verbal and written communication skills to provide project update reports and to communicate effectively with team members, management and vendors. Requires strong analytical skills to analyze moderately complex engineering issues drawing on established procedures and experience to create alternative solutions.

that doesnt sound made for a graduate though?

Brillo, PM me your email and I will see if I can get you a couple of email addys. Not managers, but engineers at companies that hire EEs. Its a a long shot, but might be worth the effort.

Also, what exactly are you doing as far as job hunting? The only way in is to get an HR type on the phone and talk your way into an interview...they see HUNDREDS of applications and resumes for entry level/college positions, you gotta do something to stand out. Research their name and phone number and their specific email addy at the company if possible. Maybe try to find out the hiring manager's name if it is not a really huge company.

Im getting to be a pro at job hunting :( so let me know if you want any tips or whatever.

(edited)

Goot, my email is JCose@daktronics.com

Mags: dang bro, your pullen out the stops for jobs, I'll be looking into them, but the dont sound too promising..thankyou tho

Wow, thx for the help so far guys it means alot to me...

The good news is I got one of my college buddies to do an employee referal at Rockwell Collins for an electrical engineering position...and the actaully emailed me back.

I filled out the info they sent me and now, as my friend says, sit back, drink a few beers, pray to the employment gods, and try not to check my email every five minutes.

Edited by Brillow_Head