Matrix sequels

Guest ZDamage

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Both Matrix Sequels will be out this year. First one in May and the next in November. They both sound utterly amazing and I am anxiously waiting for these. I wonna see Neo fight 100 Agent Smiths. *Drools*

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
dang it, I don't remember where but I remember them showing a bit of the making and effects. It look really good and I can't wait either. I wish I knew what the plot would be though, my guess is that they go inside Xion[sp]?

Go to newsweek.com or pick up the news paper. Huge article on it and some of the making and brief plots and scenes. New special effects that allow 100 agent smiths to look exactly like the original, they look real.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Let me take the unpopular route on this one... I didn't like The Matrix. At all. No, not even the moderately cool scene in the lobby. No.

I thought that the casting was pretty poor. Keanu Reeves is, in my opinion, one of the worst actors out there right now. He has all the charm and personality of your average cardboard box. In fact, if you had a movie starring a cardboard box, you could cast Keanu just to make the box seem interesting. This movie even made Laurence Fishburne, one of my favorite actors, seem so boring. I was disheartened. Hugo Weaving did the best job in the bunch as Agent Smith. He had me convinced, but no one else.

I guess I'm just naturally overly critical. When I saw the previews, I thought I was going to love this movie. It looked great, I love John Woo, the effects were unprecedented. The only reason I wouldn't want to see this movie was because it starred Reeves. But a lot of the selling was the hype. I bought into it, everyone did. But I came out feeling unimpressed. The acting was unremarkable. The story was only mildly entertaining, if not a bit intriguing.. But the movie tried to squeak by on the action and the effects. And thats not what makes a movie, in my mind.

So, I guess if you expected nothing but flashy effects and lots of guns, you got what you paid for in The Matrix, and you were pleasantly rewarded as such. But if you were looking for a movie with substance, you waited til 2000 and went and saw Memento, the anti-Matrix.

Flame on! :huh:

UberNewb is gonna be major flammed on this I bet...although his point on the fact that Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor I would have to agree...why couldn't be someone like Tom Cruise! LOL! j/k....hah....that would suck donkey...think about it though...who could do a better job than Reeves on this movie? Although I dispise Keanu, you have to admit this is definatly one of his better/easier roles that has had. Think about it...what better way to make boat loads of money than to make TWO sequels and have them come out in the SAME year...such a good idea...I will probably see BOTH movies at least twice in the theater just because I am a HUGE fan of the first Matrix...

Back to the point that Keanu Reeves sucks donkey at acting...

Although this is true I ask the question again...Who would do a better job?

FUNMAN! :ph34r:

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I do not think Reeves is very good as an actor, better than Afleck but not by much. BUT this movie was made for him and I can't imagine anyone else in this role. BUT once again, I really hate Afleck. Just want to remind all of you that I really think Afleck is the worst freakin actor alive. At least Reeves is in a cool movie.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I bet that if it was anyone but Reeves, you'd think the role was written for them. Its not like the lines were all that complex, you know? A lot of 'Woah'. <_<