Ipod Owners

Bubblegum Bandit

I know they make an FM modulator for an ipod so that you can play your MP3s through your stereo. But do they make an FM Tuner for your ipod?

My company pays for a bus pass for its employees and with gas going up and my commute being 25 miles each way, this could save me a lot of money. However, riding in this morning I missed listening to the morning show I usually tune in to. So, I'm looking for an MP3 player that I can also use as an FM tuner. Or at least one that I can add and FM tuner to. Do you guys know if they make one of these? If not, can you point me to an MP3 player that has this function with at least 1 GB storage? Thanks guys.

coulda sworn the sony version of the ipod featured radio reception. there website doesn't really market that feature, though (link).

i haven't been able to collect enough soda cans to buy an ipod, so i dunno about that either. but when that glorious day finally arrives, i'd like to know the answer to your question also.

I was thinking that you could record the morning show and listen to it the day after, I imagine most of it's not time-sensitive. A quick googling seemed to show that griffin technologies, maker of most of the common iPod accessories, has cancelled their FM tuner, but they do have this beauty:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/...shark/index.php

According to the ad, it allows your computer to record any FM broadcast, as it says mostly for time-shift playback (rewind live radio kind of thing) but it would be right up the alley or recording and listening the next day.

Just another idea.

Hmm, that is quite interesting. I think I can probably do that with my TV capture card...it has an FM tuner as well. Although, the morning show I like actually records their broadcasts and offers them for download the next day anyway. If I can't find a tuner then this might be a work around, I hadn't thought of it. But the hassle of dling and moving files every night doesn't sound appealing to me. I think a tuner for $20 or $30 would be worth it to not have to deal with the file moving. But, as I say, should I not find what I'm looking for, it is a possibility-good idea.

I actually found an article on the griffin website that said that the old FM tuners were incompatable with the newer versions of ipod and that they were having trouble updating them for several reasons. They discontinued the tuner until they could find a work around.

Mini, can you put playlists in that MuVo...I need to do some research on it, but if you see this first let me know. Looks like exactly what I'm looking for. The only problem is I could get the 5gig ipod for about the same price I could get the 1gig Muvo.....and that is bothering me... :dry:

***edit***

http://us.creative.com/products/product.as...5&product=10659

Now, there's a 5gig, with built in FM tuner. Only $20 more than the ipod mini!! And it "supports playlists created on your computer"!!! :o