recomendations

Rashad

I'm not sure what our group is doing, but we're either going to car pool in multiple vehicles or take a conversion van type deal to fragfest. There are many factors to consider either way so are there any sugestions?

btw, i'm not driving :P

I guess it depends what's available. If you have a van available, and can fit all people/things inside, you'd do better probably on gas and have a better time enjoying the fellowship of everyone in your group on the way.

If you have to rent, you'll have to weigh out splitting the cost.

yeah...

I'd prefer a van, however we'd have to rent one. It's easier if we're all in one vehicle, minimizes the chance of people breaking away from the group and getting lost, etc. Talking to people (in person) that you don't see very often is also a consideration.

Hrm...

I guess the way I'd look at is is:

How many cars would it take? Realistically, including all your gear. What cars are available, and roughly how gas-efficient are they? Get the rough mileage. I'd put together a rough cost to FFOhio for the caravan method using that.

Next, how much is it to rent a van? Can everyone and gear reasonably fit in one? What is the rough gas mileage of the van? Again, using the mileage to and from FF and adding in cost of rental, I'd come up with a rough cost to van it.

Then, I'd compare the two, and then consider non-cost factors (like everyone being together in the same vehicle, less drivers) and see it the price difference justifies the increased cost of the method you want to use. If the method you want to use costs less, winner!

But I've got a pretty bland personality. I'm sure an extended tournament of rock-paper-scissors would work almost as well and be a lot more entertaining (best 563 or 1125?)

------edit---------

PS, it also depends on who's driving the van vs. who's driving the car you'd be riding in. There are some people who I would never trust behind the wheel...that could be an important factor.

Also, I wouldn't recommend the van if you don't register everyone who will be driving...or if a potential driver has a long DMVR...that can cost an arm and a leg.

Edited by appalachian_fox