de_deltamill2 *ELIMINATED*

Fatty

This should be a keeper for sure.

It's not to big / not to small.

The rounds are quick, but it seems somewhat uneven for T's ive noticed.

played 2 or 3 rounds as ct's and 1 as t.

The house is definatly a choke point, but there are several diversion tactics that the t's can use for their advantage.

All and all a good map.

GC Founder

Brings in a vertical dynamic that most maps lack. Visually demanding on the system with new graphics, although might not be optimized. Gameplay, agreed, can be fun. Dropping the platform on your own head at least once is a must.

Like all 4 new maps: seems T lopsided. Reason? I think because it doesn't take knowing a map for an entire T team to stumble together one direction, find a site, plant. CT's have to spread out to cover areas that they don't know. All these maps will change as they are learned. But one won't make it that far!

(edited)

I've played this map before on custom map night. I think it's a cool map with some unique characteristics. First of all, despite what everyone is saying, I think this map leans towards CT's rather than T's. The Ct's can get to that corner chokepoint underground faster than T's can.This can lead to CT's getting behind enemy lines and cause great confusion. Not to mention hitting 2-3 enemies in the back before they're aware of you! :biggrin: Also, in case anyone has not noticed,

CT's can view both bomsites from multiple locations! Check out the view from bombsite A in my screenshots! I think this one is a keeper, but I think because of it's size it will eventually be a boring map. You can view my screenshots here;

http://ca.msnusers.com/deltamillscreenshots :wavey:

Edited by wayfarer

This map imo, is pretty awful - structure and gameplay are too constricted, theres only one bombsite if im not mistaken as well. It might have some fun qualities, and may very well be a map to throw up once in a while.....but its definitely not worth keeping in the rotation....personally i think it would just be annoying to sit through =]

GC Founder

Understand that these topics are for discussion...and there's no such thing as a "vote" in here. Opinions are obvious, but nobody is counting votes in here, just fyi.

Voting on contra, alivemetal, and deltamill2 will take place on TUESDAY and one of those maps will be removed.

Also note that your vote doesn't count unless your stats show you've played all of the remaining maps.

played a little bit on deltamill as a t. there is only one bombsite, right? i still haven't had a first person visual of the site due to the pure ct rompage that round, but...

i had fun. i liked the map, i liked the vertical dimension of the house.

has anyone noted pure ct awp/scope ownage from the upper levels of the bldg? i haven't had enough exposure to see how bad it gets, but that's my sole concern. other than that, rock on.

(edited)

I've been asking this question on the servers. Does the dam blow up? It looks like the wood holding in the water might break becuase of the explosion. Interactive explosions are an interesting idea that aren't found in most other maps.

Edited by MajorCOW

This map is rough on the framerates. Also, on an asthetic level, it just seems to have been hashed together. I don't get a great feel of character or immersion with this one. Contra and alivemetal both seem a lot more refined and focused (personal feeling, I guess).

As for the gameplay, CTs seem able to get to underground chokepoints VERY quickly, and can cover the entire map (and both bombsites) from one building.

I think the map could eventually be good, but I think it's way too beta to deserve the victory in this map contest.

Edited by mongoloido

T's mustered a good two pronged rush attack last night with flashers over the DD with a flank through the underground...but CT still pnwed them.

The map needs to be optimized for fps badly...

The building is the key, and the bomb site is so close to ct spawn that if you plant it would be a miracle if the CTs dont swarm you in waves of 3 or more.

Good map, I like it, has great potential for team play, but I like the other two maps better.

Played it again just now. Definitely not my cup of tea. Plays much more like an old HL Deathmatch map than a real teamplay map. And yeah, the map needs serious help in the framerate department. Some spots almost feel like BF42 style CQB to me. I'm not sure what the heck will hit and what won't.