Prayers needed.

Over the weekend one of the students in my wifes 4th grade class tried to commit suicide. Fortunately, the student didn't succeed, and therefore there's still a chance for the student to get help for whatever is going on. Not sure I really want to know the why, don't know that I could handle the knowing. I can't imagine what could drive a 4th grader to lose all hope in life. I'm asking for prayers for the families involved, including the classmates, and teachers touched by this.

As a kicker to this day, my mother-in-law had some blood tests come back from over the past few weeks which showed her blood platelet count falling dramatically, which is a potential sign of cancer. She survived a bout with breast cancer several years ago, after she was given 6 months to live. (fortunately prayers, and intensive treatment forced the cancer into remission) My wife found out about the student this morning just prior to beginning to teach for the day, and then came home from work to a phone call saying that her mom might have cancer again.

It's a bit rough right now, so I may not be around as much as I have been in the past few weeks. (in other parts of the forum, as well as on the servers.) please pray for these families.

Thanks,

William

aka Wolfsblood.

A guy in my year tried to commit suicide because he didn't think he had the brains to hack the exams.

The ironic thing was that he also lacked the brains to commit suicide, and was stupidly unsucessful. Although we think he did it for the attention, as he was allowed to go out with all the young female teachers for dinner, and he also got lots of presents.

Sorry to hear about your grandma too, I'll pray for her!