OSU WINS!!

Fatty

Yes!!! The National Title!!! Now Im laffing cuz St3d's patience has paid off, He gets to laff at some of you now, and now I get to laff at Cane!!!

A lot of ppl lost money tonight!!!

GO BUCKS!!!

Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guests

That doesn't matter, it would be called holding. He never interrupted the reciever's chances of catching the football. Miama should be champions for the second consecutive year. But hey, that was one amazing game.

Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guests

Actually, OSU would have had it won during regulation time had they chosen to kick the field goal instead of going for it.

Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guests

i'm not complaining, i was rooting for the bucks but i was clarifying the call.

It was clearly pass interference. Even if it was holding it would still have been a first down for OSU. If you want to talk refs they were handing Miami the game the whole time. It never would have went to overtime had they called the hold on Miami on OSU's receiver forcing them to punt the ball that led to the good return. Had they called that penalty OSU would have run the clock out right then and there.

Bottom line. OSU wins!! You don't like it then go eat the corn outta your poopie!!

Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guests

It could be said that Miami would have won had Macgahee not gotten hurt. I think that it was kind of a rough shot...he could have easily tackled him at his feet. The refs aren't going to see all of the penalties. There were plenty of calls against the bucks that didn't get called. The ref called incomplete first and then he later decides to change his mind. It was 4th and long so they would still have punted anyways.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

gg refs! ;\

And 5 turnovers?? sigh... Miami wouldn't have beaten Temple the way they played tonight.

It could be said that Miami would have won had Macgahee not gotten hurt. I think that it was kind of a rough shot...he could have easily tackled him at his feet. The refs aren't going to see all of the penalties. There were plenty of calls against the bucks that didn't get called. The ref called incomplete first and then he later decides to change his mind. It was 4th and long so they would still have punted anyways.

And this is football, anything can happen and the refs won't see everything, they are human...They try their best and I agree with the pass interference call and the next one against the Canes. It was a great game, nothing less.

It's funny that Miami fans are so arrogant that they will try to find any excuse to justify their loss. Bottom line is that Miami was beat the entire football game by the better team.

OSU - #1 and national champions.

Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guest Sorry
Guests

read up a few posts Zap, I was rooting for bucks because I am going to be going there. I can still voice my opinion though about the game.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

from a college football forum...

Aside from that, if you want to knit pick about calls, feel free to people.  I'm sure there were some not called on the OSU side.  How about that face mask on Winslow?  Was that a five yard face mask or fifteen yards?  How about one of the hits on Dorsey where an OSU guy had him around the legs, ball was gone, and he gets drilled 1-2 seconds after the pass was gone.  Ok, we are two for two there bud.

There is no denying that Miami shot themselves in the foot this game.  OSU did nothing (on offense) for the most part, except to capitalize on Miami's screw ups.  

Any college football fan knows that OSU was stopped on what would have been the game ending play for Miami.  That pass interference is the nail in the coffin that will bring instant replay to college football.  I cannot believe the game ended up the way it did.  Like it was said above, the game should have been decided by the players and not some half blind J-A-C-K-A-S-S of a ref.  Why the h-e-l-l did they not talk about it and overrule that call?  

Having said my peace on this game I only have to say that Miami did everything in it's power to loose this game.  One heck of a play (the only one all night for him) by Clarett taking the ball away from Taylor.  Hell of a job for Winslow.  Good blitzing patterns by OSU.

there were many missed calls throughout the game that i caught. even a defensive offsides on Miami when they nlitzed once (corner came in early) there were at LEAST two other pass interferences calls on Miami that werent called, and a late hit and facemask on OSU that werent called. its part of the game fellas.... in the end, its the scoreboard that matters.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

Um if you know anything about football you should know that the call was definitely wrong and it wasnt pass interference, when the OSU guy's jersey got grabbed the ball wasnt in the air and they would never call that holding in a game like that at the end, and the Miami guy never touched the reciever until the ball got there and he didnt interfere witht the recievers chance of getting the ball until it got there, i think that miami should have another national champoinship and im not even a miami fan

Argh, you are watching the wrong replay, it was right as the ball was thrown, the Miami guy grabbed his jersey...wrapped around him, then did that actions you just typed. It was a 50/50 call and I understand why you just said that, because they never did replay the whole play.

I couldn't agree more Raven. All the keep showing is the play in the endzone when the penalty happened before that at like the one yard line. If it wasn't pass intereference then it was defensive holding and either way it would have resulted in a first down. I could care less because I'm too busy celebrating my alumni's victory!!

For the record, even my friend who went to Miami agreed it was a penalty. Woot!! Go Bucks!!