de_crookcounty

VooDooPC

Before I even played it....

Just checked out the overview and screens.

Bomb sites look way too close to each other, otherwise looks pretty but I doubt it's gonna be good. I'll try it later today when I get back home and give you the 'After I played it...'

It looks pretty cool, but...

1) The T spawn looks like it is a lot farther away from the bomb sites than the CT spawns...

2) It looks like it might be too dark to be fun in many places...

3) 30 mbs?! I'd hate to be the guy waiting to load this one from the server (if we can even make a map that big downloadable)...

4) Because of the size, I think you would have to have a full server to really enjoy it...

I bet you could have some epic street battles though. I think it is worth trying if it doesn't lock up your system because of the size of the map.

Anyone try it yet? Is it possible to go inside all/any of the buildings?

This map is way to big and is hard on the fps. You can not imagine the whining about every little thing about a new map. Dont forget to show up for custom map nights on Saturdays at 9pm.

This map is way to big and is hard on the fps.  You can not imagine the whining about every little thing about a new map.  Dont forget to show up for custom map nights  on Saturdays at 9pm.

I wish I could be there, but that is when my birthday dinner is. Oh well... Have fun! I always enjoy the custom map nights!! :boing:

Well I tried it...

I was just bymyself walking around.

There are few goods but mostly bads and I doubt this map will be playable.

Goods:

Pretty cool start for the T's (breaking out of jail and stuff).

I like the textures and overall the city is reasonably well made.

Bads:

Cars are not moving!!! Feels like a ghost town where all the drivers just suddenly left their cars and ran away from some miraculous monster...Freaky

I couldn't find the bomb sites! I was walking around for like 10-15 minutes!!! I followed the signs and....well imagine a new guy to the map how frustrated will he be running around and not knowing where to plant only to be sniped down by a ct.

80 megs? Even when I loaded my own server it took awhile :twitch:

(edited)

So I haven't had the opportunity to play it with others yet, and I'm usually unavailable for Saturday Night Customs, but I must say that I'm in love with this map.

The bombsites have to be close to one another. I mean, they really aren't, at all. They're probably the same distance as they are in Dust2. It just happens that they're both on the same city block.

A newb to the map won't know where to plant, but I love it. The whole building is bombable. Except for B. You actually have to walk up the first half-flight of stairs, to the first stoop, before you can plant. After that, you can plant anywhere you want. That wouldn't be a benefit to CTs, who storm A, to find that they need to sweep through four floors to find the ticker hidden under a bathtub on the third floor, and still hope they have enough time to defuse... Generally, you don't find terrorists specifying a 3' radius, when they bomb a marketplace. They, well, bomb a marketplace.

With nobody else in the map, I'm getting 120fps, or so, except when I look through the park, and see 80% of the map. Most drops here are probably going to be CPU related. At least in my case.

This man really paid attention in CAD class. I love it. Everything seems lived in, and everything is built to be a home. Doors have frames. Walls have running boards. Props are placed where they ought to be in a house/office. It's very well researched.

The cars and the haze and the locked doors are all meant to give a ghost town feel. What I find odd is cs_italy, where you know people are living... ...and listening to opera, as you're storming through their courtyards, throwing frag grenades at one another - business as usual. The abandonned cars (and rightly so, if they ran to hold up in the nearest building) give the entire thing an eerie air. Even though they aren't walking down the street (and with this announced on the radio, why would they be?), there are thousands of lives which will forever be affected by the outcome of this operation.

I'm actually stoked to play this map with people, now. I want to know how the layout plays out.

Edited by Norguard