Episode 3

auggybendoggy

I wish they didn't have so much dismemberment. I must have seen 10 hands get cut off!

But i liked the part with the clones killing all the Jedi, which makes me wonder. In the 3rd movie they can kill five Jedi but in 4,5 and 6 they can't kill one jedi, a princess, a big hairy thing and Indiana Jones.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they had shown how Yoda ends up on Degobah.. I read in a book that he was followed their by a dark jedi and fought the dude for 6 or 7 days befor he killed the dark jedi.. Where the jedi died, is the cave Luke goes into.. Lando goes their and finds a old tracking device from the dark jedi's ship.. Thrawn or someone had sabotaged a ship full of jedi that you dont see getting killed in the movie in the same book i believe.. Sound familiar to anyone??

There are so many other stories about jedi that tried to hide, like Coran Horn's dad.. That was cool a dark jedi stabed him with a lightsaber and Coran's dad absorbed the energy from the saber and it went out.. The dark jedi was confused and with the energy he got from the saber he killed the dark jedi befor he died.. That Eligos or Elegos had the memory passed down from his father or something.. I like the books better than the movies.. Like the story with the little mini death star with the lightsaber coming out of it.. :)

too bad lucas doesnt consider extended universe things like that part of star wars. and yoda going to dagobah was in the film but also cut. anyone catch the part where padme calls anakin hayden? so many easter eggs in this movie.

I thought the lizard was cute..

Ohreee! Ohreeee!

I liked Ep III too -- there are a lot of angles to view this movie from. I was personally trying to figure out the differences between the force and the dark side. To me, it all boils down to methods, and the dark side doesn't seem to care for the sanctity of life. Any fans care to enlighten me? What major differences are there between the force and the dark side besides what I just mentioned?

I might actually see this, after all the bad reviews of episode II I thought this was gonna suck too, but it with all the great feedback I should check it out.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I can't wait to see it again. We are watching episodes VI, V, and VI right now, and it is definitely different (and better) being able to visualize the backstory now.

Especially weird/cool is having a face and history to go with Vader.

I think I agree with you Unclean. Add to that their lack of caring if their actions cause pain and I think you've got the major differences. These seem to be reflected in their powers (lightning bolts, force-choke, etc.).

Another question: Does the dark side have the ability to appear before people after death (like the Jedi do), or is that a Jedi-only power?

the dark side of the force is using the force to attack to manipulate and to hurt. and no a dark jedi could not appear as a force ghost because he would not have the proper training. the only reason that obi wan and yoda knew of this was through qui gon talking to yoda. of course this was cut from the movie. you should get to see it on dvd though. anyway back to the dark side. if you notice light side users of the force never use force lightening or force choke, since those would be used as an extreme measure to hurt someone. now if you notice in the movies yoda is the only light side user to manipulate force lightening which has made alot of us fans believe that he once traveled to the dark side of the force and came back. anyway if anyone has anymore questions they need answered let me know.

Just saw it last night. What a great movie, I liked this one more than Episodes I and II.

I don't know why Luke didn't take the name Luke Lars, becasue Leia became Leia Organa. :unsure:

Just saw it last night.  What a great movie, I liked this one more than Episodes I and II. 

I don't know why Luke didn't take the name Luke Lars, becasue Leia became Leia Organa. :unsure:

Good question man. Maybe because the family new Shmi Skywalker (his grandmother)...? So they knew his story and name. But still, you'd think they would give him Lars or something to help hide him...

• 3 weeks later...