Certifications

NOFX

woohoo, I just got A+ certified today. I dont know if that says much, but maybe it will make my resume stand out. I just graduated with a CS degree and Im looking for a job. What other certifications do you guys recommend, Im thinking about getting my CCNA soon. After all, my concentration was in Networking.

it was so easy dude. I bought a book from barnes and noble that had 1000 questions. I didnt know all of them, but it gave me a good idea of what they were going to be like. I'm debating whether to go with Network+ or CCNA for my next one.

Wow, I'm hoping to get that next month. I got a huge textbook for it, but the CD it came with that has all the example questions seems a lot more useful.

Yay for resume decorations! :boing:

yea dude, the software is way more useful. I found more information online. do some searches and you will find free quizes. Who needs books?

From what I understand, network+ is just basic overall understanding of networking systems. CCNA is a lot more focused on details, especially with cisco products. Will be taking all of the above (A+, Net+, and CCNA) hopefully within the next year or so. Will coincide with me going back to school! Time to get serious about moving up in the world of work. :mellow:

Our local community college also offers a network security certi from the NSA. You earn it while taking classes. Will definitely be going after that as well! :wacko:

Congrats on the cert man! Always does look good on the ol' resume. I would say go for the Network+ before diving in the world of Cisco. It also stands out on a resume and will help that much more when going into a job interview. Network+ will say to them I not only now hot to troubleshoot an ancient box but I can throw it on an ancient network as well.

I hold both A+ and Net+ and have worked for a local ISP for going on 3 years. Experience will go further than the certs can - but having both is a great start. Now if I can oly get my slacker of an admin tech me the basics of FreeBSD and Juniper routers I could move up. I guess that job security is partly not teaching others what you already know. :bang: I WILL be going into some Cisco classes here very shortly as well.

Congrats! :D