Unclean's Maiden Voyage into CS:S

Unclean

Deflowering is afoot, ladies and gentlemen! Unclean is going to venture into the CS:S thing for the first time. A buddy of mine is going to show me the ropes. I just had a thought:

Do we have a private server for testing stuff out and playing around to get the feel of CS:S?

Secondly, if CS:S robs UT of another player, which GC server needs the most luvin? West? I'll make whatever server everyone suggests my regular.

Thanks in advance, folks!

-Unclean

(edited)

Welcome to the dark side, my friend! :boing:

West would be a good place for you to go - it can be a real happenin' server, and being way over there it's tough for some Admins to get on/have a good ping/be on in prime time.

Scopeless is a blast though - my favorite to play on. If I'm not there, I go West...

Edited by whudats

The best way to do it is to just get in there and play. However, i think the west server needs more guys in there and it is so new the competition may not be as developed as the midwest servers. I was careful to use the word developed.

I see another one getting addicted...

You can always start your own 'server' if you're looking to learn the maps, get your coordination down and whatnot. Basically you run around a map by yourself without any worries.

You can start it from your options.

Of course, the best way is to jump right in.

West coast needs the bodies, but you might do better in scopeless--a nice mix of players without the expert snipers pickin' you off.

Good Luck!

Ooh -- good information. Thanks all!

The sniper thing was mostly what had me worried -- Scopeless is kind of an anti-sniper server, I take it?

Anyway, here's the plan so far: start off with bots, then make West my new home (provided ping times are good and the UT-side GC don't mind too much :) ).

WHAT!!!!! Hey maybe I get a chance now to own you, for a little while anyways :P

Gonna have to tell SHADOW whats going on here. We'll look for you in scopeless, thats my favorite too. Very frustrating when you start the map and 5 seconds later you get sniped from between 2 boxes. :boo: Anyhoo, we'll look for ya and good luck. I think you'll really enjoy it, not to mention you'll probably be pretty good at it considering how you own in UT.

primustagblack256.64.jpg

Resistence is Futile!

I use to play UT2k4.

I had a great time with a bunch of guys whom I grew to know and love.

Then it got all laggy and competitive with practices every night.

I started worrying more about my score than the teams progress when pubbing.

Then HL2 came out with CS:Source. It blew me away, the graphics, the gameplay. Sure the voice over IP was worse than UT, but I got use to it.

Now I'm holding my own and even pwning occasionally. A great experience.

Hi, my name is Brillow-=GC=- and I'm a counter strike convert.

Ok, I'll try to respond to everyone here.

@Duke -- I didn't get hooked on the headshot thing until I dropped down to a tunnel in de_dust (?) and got a HS on a T in the air. I'll be playing against bots for the rest of the week (the score is pretty much even between me and 1 bot, but I seem to do better when there are 5+ bots).

@Fatty -- Flitter is already booing me. :) But I have something in the works to keep him and the rest of the UT side happy, but it won't be unveiled until after next week.

@Decayed -- I'll summarize my first exploit. Unclean joins, runs around breaking glass in the first game. Second game, map changes. Unclean uses the terrorists for target practice. Hostages scream like little girls. Third game, an "easy" bot is added. Bot deviously plants a bomb in spot "B" 7 times, Unclean can't find it. Unclean's long-time CS addict comes over, shows techniques for winning. Unclean can now win every game with 5-7 "easy" bots.

@Primus -- ya, let's all arrange a time to meet up in scopeless. I'm sure you and Shadow will have a fun time whooping me.

@Brillow -- I wonder if I'm going to start sounding like you. In UT, for awhile I cared about score, now I care more about my team winning.