rust stain on counter-top

Rashad

I have a rust stain on a counter-top, and I'd like to remove it. The rust is from a peach can. The counter top is particle board or wood with a layer of synthetic material on top, I don't know exactly what it's made of to be honest with you.

So if anyone can tell me how to clean that rust off that would be great!

Sounds like a standard plastic laminate top, I would try to use something like CLR, but try it in a spot where its not noticable first, to make sure it wont hurt the top, but i think it will be fine. Avoid abrasive pads at first, let the chemical try, but if nothing works, you could scrub it with a mild abrasive pad, but it will scratch it, so you have to ask yourself, whats worse, a little scratching, or a rust spot.

Hope this helps man.

WAIT!!! Becarful what you do Rashad! I sell HPL for a living & some chemicals can seriously damage your top. Try reading this

I'm not sure if that link works, if not gohere

and click on Tech brief;avoiding laminate damage. That will tell you what NOT to do! I did not read the whole thing myself, so if you did not get the info you need to get the rust off, let me know & I'll either get the info for you or direct you to another link! Hope I'm not too late! P.K. :nono:

I havn't used any chemicals on the counter-top yet, It may just go away by itself. There really isn't much there, just a lil bit in the shape of the rim of the peach can...