Processor Trouble

Playaa

the other day I was playing Counter-Strike and my computer locked up. I couldn't hit alt-ctrl-del. to reboot so I just hit the reset button. As my computer boots up I notice the bios says "AMD Athlon 1050mhz" now the problem with this is that I have an AMD Athlon 1.4ghz (1400mhz). I don't see a noticeable difference in speed but it still worries me. My warranty is out (I believe) so I can't get it replaced. Has anyone ever heard of this happeneing? And do you think I could go into the bios and just speed it back up to 1.4ghz without trouble?

What rev said is true.

I got the same processor in my old comp, it's a bios setting to get it back. It's prolly nothing to do with the lockup (most of mine on that computer are graphics related).

Some strange reason, my bios reverted to the slower FSB about a coupla months ago. I still haven't figured that out, but setting it back up fixed it.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

If all else fails. Reset your bios to the defaults. This a lot of times will fix whatever may be changed that is causing the problem. And do not worry about the small mhz change. There is almost always a variation in cpu speed. For example, my 800mhz athlon was clocked by default at 835mhz. No biggy.