Batman Begins

Sir Shertown Pimp

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. After Star Wars III, this second on my list of movies I want to see.

NPR gave it a great review too. I'm glad to read what you wrote. I was hoping it was more like the first one. Cool...

(edited)

This version was very well done. As seen in earlier posts, the cast are all heavy weights. Rutger Haur plaid a nice stab me in the back kind of guy, Gary Oldman actually played a good guy, I don't I have ever seen him do that. The guy who played Dr. Crane was very unique.

All in all, for me, this is the best of the Batmans that I have seen. (I have seen them all) 9 out of 10

Edited by Shodan

Nyx and I saw it last night. Best one in a LONG time. Hope they continue this new saga. Very well done - gritty - real - and you don't have to suspend belief too far to enjoy it (although of course, there is some of that).

Great casting - nice to see so many stars in it.

Hope you enjoy it too!

Cranky B)

p.s. I want his "car"! - would be great in downtown Chicago traffic!

(edited)

I was overwhelemed to see Cillian Murphey (28 Days Later) as Johnathan Crane. He's got his American accent down in this film. I'm actually quite pleased.

Gary Oldman as a goodguy is also quite a treat.

This is the best Batman since Tim Burton stepped down from the Michael Keaton era. Christopher Nolan does a beautiful job directing, and Christian Bale does a great Bruce Wayne (Though there are two or three times I feel that his Bruce Wayne is more at home in American Psycho. - "Hey Paul... !".

I had a couple of small gripes...

1) Directors need to learn hand to hand - sometimes, it's hard to tell who Batman is, with all of the close-up action on screen.

2) The conflict with the death of the parents... ...it needs to be solved differently, if the comics and/or original Batman movie are going to work...

3) I only got to see it once... ...this movie rocked more than any other this year, save for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Edited by Norguard

Just got back from it. Excellent movie. I think it's the best Batman to date, but then, I didn't care for Nickolson's Joker.

Murphy will also be the villain (I assume) in the upcoming Red-Eye. I only recent saw 28 Days Later, and I wasn't aware he was in Batman Begins until I saw him on screen. I like him. It'll be interesting to see what Red-Eye is like.

Just got back from it. Excellent movie. I think it's the best Batman to date, but then, I didn't care for Nickolson's Joker.

Murphy will also be the villain (I assume) in the upcoming Red-Eye. I only recent saw 28 Days Later, and I wasn't aware he was in Batman Begins until I saw him on screen. I like him. It'll be interesting to see what Red-Eye is like.

You did not like Jack?? He made that movie for me. "Where does he get those toys".

I found this on his parents:

Who Killed Batman's Parents ?

Pre-Crisis (Crisis was a big shake-up of the DCU that removed a lot of old stories from continuity), Batman's parents were killed by Joe Chill, a petty thug hired for the job. Post-Crisis, Joe Chill was still the killer.

Post-Zero Hour (Zero Hour was a smaller shake-up of the DC Universe that removed some more old stories from continuity), we're no longer sure. It might still be Joe Chill, but it might not be, because he was ill that day on an alternate Earth, so he might have been ill in the main DC Earth. Also, after seeing his parents during Zero Hour, Bruce doubts that he really knows the killer's identity at all.

Excellent movie - We gave it a 92/100.

The only detractor was the idiotic epileptic cameraman during fight scenes. Director's need to get away from this, it does not promote a more realistic feel to the movie, it detracts from it since you cannot see who or what is doing what to who or when or where haha. Go back to matrix-style scenes.

• 5 months later...
I finally watched this movie last night. I enjoyed it and would give it 3/4 Stars. Not perfect, but a lot better then the other Batman movies.

The one with Jack Nicholson is the best. Especially when that stupid laughing box at the end of the movie... so funny.

Ya thats true. But Batman 2-4 werent that great.