XBox question

Playaa

My boss recently gave me his old XBox. He says that it has trouble reading disks sometimes so I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap way to fix this problem. I've had 2 friends who's PS2's had trouble reading disks and all they did was go into the actual drive and move the laser to readjust it and it worked fine. Is this possible on the XBox? If not, can I just buy a new dvd drive (cheaply)? It's not as if the thing is under warranty anymore and he's already got another XBox for himself.

any advice?

I've been modding and mucking about with the xbox for quite some time...I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which drive you get as long as it is one of the three...but I recommend getting the Samsung as the other two have serious issues with reading certain disks

Hereis an awesome site that can help you do anything you want to your xbox...

sI had the ps2 problem and just took a q-tip to clean off the lens. I tried to do the same with an xbox, but was unable to get to the lens. I bet if you go to wal-mart and get one of those lens cleaning CDs with the lil brushes on them, it should work...