The Dirtiest City in America is

whudats

Right, let's settle this...

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/watersup.html

Looks like Jersey only enters into it in that they tried to prevent NY state and city from tapping into the Delaware River headwaters back in the late 20s. The matter was resolved by the US Supreme Court in '31, which told NY to go forth and do.

When I was living in NYC, they had a problem with too much bird poop in the upstate reservoirs, and they were trying to sort out what to do. I recall one local politiician saying, "Whatever we decided to do, it'll be the most expensive option, and we'll have to redo it in five years." But he may have been a bit cynical. :D

yomamma I dont know where in San fransisco you went but that is definately one of the cleanest cities in the US.

I wasnt refering the the city itself, but the people in the city at night... Some of the most gross people I have seen. Im not going to get into detail, so all I'll say is indecent exposure.

Living in London (all your life) will lower your life expectancy by 10years, due to the pollution

The cadaver my brother worked on in anatamy class had black lungs, so he assumed it was a smoker. The prof checked the details, and it turned out the man had just lived in Chicago most of his life.

The cadaver my brother worked on in anatamy class had black lungs, so he assumed it was a smoker. The prof checked the details, and it turned out the man had just lived in Chicago most of his life.

same thing happened in my Bio class. We looked at a female cadaver who was a non-smoker, but her lungs were pretty dark just from living in Chicago.

I'v been to downtown San Francisco, and some of the sights I saw were just plain depressing.

Children living in cardboard boxes in downtown San Fran...I coulda thrown up when I saw it. :(

I think it's just based on smell.

amen!

no offense to you Chicago folks, but I can't stand your city...one reason is the smell...Chicago smells BAAAAD!

although, having grown up in the country and being a person who enjoys fresh air and the smell of trees and grass...I suppose I could be biased.

Does Chicago have paper mills? If not, it cannot qualify as the worst smelling. I suppose it is possible that they only put paper mills in very small cities, like International Falls, but talk about your stench. Rendering plants aren't as bad.

You might be a little biased...but I agree - nothing like fresh country air though! Even better is Rocky Mountain air.

I think the worst smell in Chicago (downtown) is the chocolate factory. Ugh, is it strong. As far as paper mills...? I don't know of any. I don't really think Chicago smells bad. It's Gary that stinks.