Everyone please vote!

Guest UberNewbtheSequel

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest UberNewbtheSequel
Guest UberNewbtheSequel
Guest UberNewbtheSequel
Guests

Which of these is bigger? This is important (I need to win a bet =D). I'm not going to say which one is mine, to keep things fair. Just pick one!

Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guests

Humungous has more letters, therefore describing something bigger than gigantic.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

Humongous:

Main Entry: hu·mon·gous

Pronunciation: hyü-'m&[ng]-g&s, yü-, -'mä[ng]-

Variant(s): also hu·mun·gous /-'m&[ng]-g&s/

Function: adjective

Etymology: perhaps alteration of huge + monstrous

Date: circa 1967

: extremely large : HUGE

gigantic:

Main Entry: gi·gan·tic

Pronunciation: jI-'gan-tik, j&-

Etymology: Greek gigantikos, from gigant-, gigas giant

Date: 1651

: exceeding the usual or expected (as in size, force, or prominence) <a man of gigantic stature> <made a last gigantic effort> <gigantic industrial combines>

synonym see ENORMOUS

- gi·gan·ti·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

ok now...

enormous is a synonym of Gigantic.

huge is a synonym of Humongous.

now lets look up enormous and huge...

enormous:

Main Entry: enor·mous

Pronunciation: i-'nor-m&s, E-

Etymology: Latin enormis, from e, ex out of + norma rule

Date: 1531

1 a archaic : ABNORMAL, INORDINATE b : exceedingly wicked : SHOCKING <an enormous sin>

2 : marked by extraordinarily great size, number, or degree; especially : exceeding usual bounds or accepted notions

- enor·mous·ly adverb

- enor·mous·ness noun

synonyms ENORMOUS, IMMENSE, HUGE, VAST, GIGANTIC, COLOSSAL, MAMMOTH mean exceedingly large. ENORMOUS and IMMENSE both suggest an exceeding of all ordinary bounds in size or amount or degree, but ENORMOUS often adds an implication of abnormality or monstrousness <an enormous expense> <an immense shopping mall>. HUGE commonly suggests an immensity of bulk or amount <incurred a huge debt>. VAST usually suggests immensity of extent <the vast Russian steppes>. GIGANTIC stresses the contrast with the size of others of the same kind <a gigantic sports stadium>. COLOSSAL applies especially to a human creation of stupendous or incredible dimensions <a colossal statue of Lincoln>. MAMMOTH suggests both hugeness and ponderousness of bulk <a mammoth boulder>.

Huge

Main Entry: huge

Pronunciation: 'hyüj, 'yüj

Inflected Form(s): hug·er; hug·est

Etymology: Middle English, from Old French ahuge

Date: 12th century

: very large or extensive: as a : of great size or area b : great in scale or degree <a huge deficit> c : great in scope or character <a man of huge talent>

synonym see ENORMOUS

- huge·ly adverb

- huge·ness noun

well well look at that...

so to answer your question...

Humongous = Gigantic

kapish?

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

No, one of them is definately bigger, Cane!

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Gigantic... giga... humongous can't compare to the prefix giga - game over.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Cane, go play CS instead of looking up words.

Hey Hendryx...

Make

Main Entry: 1make

Pronunciation: 'mAk

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): made /'mAd/; mak·ing

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English macian; akin to Old High German mahhOn to prepare, make, Greek magEnai to be kneaded, Old Church Slavonic mazati to anoint, smear

Date: before 12th century

transitive senses

1 a obsolete : BEHAVE, ACT b : to seem to begin (an action) <made to go>

2 a : to cause to happen to or be experienced by someone <made trouble for us> b : to cause to exist, occur, or appear : CREATE <make a disturbance> c : to favor the growth or occurrence of <haste makes waste> d : to fit, intend, or destine by or as if by creating <was made to be an actor>

3 a : to bring into being by forming, shaping, or altering material : FASHION <make a dress> b : COMPOSE, WRITE <make verses> c : to lay out and construct <make a road>

4 : to frame or formulate in the mind <make plans>

5 : to put together from components : CONSTITUTE <houses made of stone>

6 a : to compute or estimate to be b : to form and hold in the mind <make no doubt of it>

7 a : to assemble and set alight the materials for (a fire) b : to set in order <make beds> c : PREPARE, FIX <make dinner> d : to shuffle (a deck of cards) in preparation for dealing

8 : to prepare (hay) by cutting, drying, and storing

9 a : to cause to be or become <made them happy> b : APPOINT <made him bishop>

10 a : ENACT, ESTABLISH <make laws> b : to execute in an appropriate manner <make a will> c : SET, NAME <make a price>

11 a chiefly dialect : SHUT <the doors are made against you -- Shakespeare> b : to cause (an electric circuit) to be completed

12 a : to conclude as to the nature or meaning of something <what do you make of this development?> b : to regard as being <not the fool some make him>

13 a : to carry out (an action indicated or implied by the object) <make war> <make a speech> b : to perform with a bodily movement <make a sweeping gesture> c : to achieve by traversing <make a detour> <making the rounds>

14 a : to produce as a result of action, effort, or behavior with respect to something <make a mess of the job> <tried to make a thorough job of it> b archaic : to turn into another language by translation

15 : to cause to act in a certain way : COMPEL <make her give it back>

16 : to cause or assure the success or prosperity of <can either make you or break you>

17 a : to amount to in significance <makes a great difference> b : to form the essential being of <clothes make the man> c : to form by an assembling of individuals <make a quorum> d : to count as <that makes the third time you've said it>

18 a : to be or be capable of being changed or fashioned into <rags make the best paper> b : to develop into <she will make a fine judge> c : FORM 6b

19 a : REACH, ATTAIN -- often used with it <you'll never make it that far>; also : SURVIVE <half the cubs won't make it through their first year> b : to gain the rank of <make major> c : to gain a place on or in <make the team> <the story made the papers>

20 : to gain (as money) by working, trading, or dealing <make a living>

21 a : to act so as to win or acquire <makes friends easily> b : to score (points) in a game or sport c : to convert (a split) into a spare in bowling

22 a : to fulfill (a contract) in a card game b : to win a trick with (a card)

23 a : to include in a route or itinerary <make New York on the return trip> <make it to the party> b : CATCH 6b <made the bus just in time>

24 : to persuade to consent to sexual intercourse : SEDUCE

25 : to provide the most enjoyable or satisfying experience of <meeting the star of the show really made our day>

intransitive senses

1 archaic : to compose poetry

2 a : BEHAVE, ACT b : to begin or seem to begin a certain action <made as though to hand it to me> c : to act so as to be or to seem to be <make merry> d slang : to play a part -- usually used with like

3 : SET OUT, HEAD <made after the fox> <made straight for home>

4 : to increase in height or size <the tide is making now>

5 : to reach or extend in a certain direction

6 : to have considerable effect <courtesy makes for safer driving>

7 : to undergo manufacture or processing <the silk makes up beautifully>

- make a face : to distort one's features : GRIMACE

- make a mountain out of a molehill : to treat a trifling matter as of great importance

- make away with 1 : to carry off : STEAL 2 : KILL

- make believe : PRETEND, FEIGN

- make bold : VENTURE, DARE

- make book : to accept bets at calculated odds on all the entrants in a race or contest

- make common cause : to unite to achieve a shared goal

- make do : to get along or manage with the means at hand

- make ends meet : to make one's means adequate to one's needs

- make eyes : OGLE

- make fun of : to make an object of amusement or laughter : RIDICULE, MOCK

- make good 1 : to make valid or complete: as a : to make up for (a deficiency) b : INDEMNIFY <make good the loss> c : to carry out successfully <made good his promise> <made good their escape> d : PROVE <made good a charge> 2 : to prove to be capable also : SUCCEED

- make hay : to make use of offered opportunity especially in gaining an early advantage

- make head 1 : to make progress especially against resistance 2 : to rise in armed revolt

- make it 1 : to be successful <trying to make it in the big time as a fashion photographer -- Joe Kane> <the crème brûlée didn't quite make it> 2 : to have sexual intercourse

- make light of : to treat as of little account

- make love 1 : WOO, COURT 2 a : NECK, PET b : to engage in sexual intercourse

- make much of 1 : to treat as of importance 2 : to treat with obvious affection or special consideration

- make no bones : to be straightforward, unhesitating, or sure <makes no bones about the seriousness of the matter>

- make one's mark : to achieve success or fame

- make public : DISCLOSE

- make sail 1 : to raise or spread sail 2 : to set out on a voyage

- make shift : to manage with difficulty

- make sport of : RIDICULE, MOCK

- make the grade : to measure up to some standard : be successful

- make the most of : to show or use to the best advantage

- make the scene : to be present at or participate in a usually specified activity or event

- make time 1 : to travel fast 2 : to gain time 3 : to make progress toward winning favor <trying to make time with the waitress>

- make tracks 1 : to proceed at a walk or run 2 : to go in a hurry : RUN AWAY, FLEE

- make use of : to put to use : EMPLOY

- make water 1 of a boat : LEAK 2 : URINATE

- make waves : to create a stir or disturbance

- make way 1 : to give room for passing, entering, or occupying 2 : to make progress

- make with slang : PRODUCE, PERFORM -- usually used with the

me

Main Entry: me

Pronunciation: 'mE

Function: pronoun, objective case of I

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English mE; akin to Old High German mIh me, Latin me, Greek me, Sanskrit mA

usage Me is used in many constructions where strict grammarians prescribe I. This usage is not so much ungrammatical as indicative of the shrinking range of the nominative form: me began to replace I sometime around the 16th century largely because of the pressure of word order. I is now chiefly used as the subject of an immediately following verb. Me occurs in every other position: absolutely <who, me?>, emphatically <me too>, and after prepositions, conjunctions, and verbs, including be <come with me> <you're as big as me> <it's me>. Almost all usage books recognize the legitimacy of me in these positions, especially in speech; some recommend I in formal and especially written contexts after be and after as and than when the first term of the comparison is the subject of a verb.

:ph34r:

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Next vote..  Who thinks Cane has way too much time on his hands?

Well all it takes is an internet dictionary, highlight, copy, paste... maybe a bold word here or there... that's really not that bad - you haven't seen half the stuff he does when he gets bored ;):lol::ph34r:

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

both of those post combined took about 2 minutes tops...

www.webster.com :rolleyes:

Guest UberNewbtheSequel
Guest UberNewbtheSequel
Guest UberNewbtheSequel
Guests

Thanks for losing this bet for me guys... <_<

The time period is over, and the winner was Gigantic.. which means the majority of voters have no idea which is bigger, so they guessed... wrongly.

For the 12 of you who voted Humongous, good job. You know what you're talking about. But majority rules.

• 3 years later...
Almost everyone that has posted here is now banned...

I wonder why they got banned, too bad there wasn't a forum of people who have gotten banned forever and why they got the boot. I'm nosey like that and it would be cool. Of course all the threads would be closed and such. It would be like reading the court news in the paper.

I'm still trying to figure out what was meant by Same Old Story a while back. I guess some things will just remain a mystery.

I managed to dig up a tiny bit of info on Survivors of Stupidity, but nothing of any interest.

Lost... like tears in rain.