UTstats for Nepenthe are now live!

(edited)

Ooh! These stats are neat. I'm a little worried that some people will become stat whores, but what can ya do?

Can we advertise these stats somehow once it goes live on Gamerscoalition.com?

Idea 1: change the server title to something like

/-=GC=-/ Nepenthe -- Check your stats at Gamerscoalition.com!

Idea 2: change the the MOTD to:

Welcome to Nepenthe on Gamers Coalition!

Check your stats on our site

GamersCoalition.com

Note there's no admin listing there. Why do people need to know if an admin is around or not? Just bust 'em. :)

Edited by Unclean

GC Board Member
Ooh!  These stats are neat.  I'm a little worried that some people will become stat whores, but what can ya do?

Can we advertise these stats somehow once it goes live on Gamerscoalition.com?

Idea 1:  change the server title to something like

/-=GC=-/ Nepenthe -- Check your stats at Gamerscoalition.com!

Idea 2:  change the the MOTD to:

Welcome to Nepenthe on Gamers Coalition!

Check your stats on our site

GamersCoalition.com

Note there's no admin listing there.  Why do people need to know if an admin is around or not?  Just bust 'em.  :)

1) Only admin listed is myself - been like this for about a week now?

2) MOTD was already tweaked when stats went live

3) Stat whores are always prevelent - if some folks get too out of hand (coupled with attitude) this stats package does allow me to "ban" from stat listings - doubt anything will ever come to that level but that option is there.

4) Server name change - ehh - maybe...

-Fk

1) Only admin listed is myself - been like this for about a week now?

Yes, I know. But it isn't listed in the MOTD I'm proposing, is it?

2) MOTD was already tweaked when stats went live

It can't be tweaked again?

3) Stat whores are always prevelent - if some folks get too out of hand (coupled with attitude) this stats package does allow me to "ban" from stat listings - doubt anything will ever come to that level but that option is there.

Good information to know!

4) Server name change - ehh - maybe...

Server title change. I have no beef with the name "Nepenthe".

GC Board Member
Flitter, have you found any documents on skinning UTStatsdb?  Obviously I am heading in the direction of matching the CS stats and if we are going to run local UT stats to the website.

I just finished "skinning" the stats package to something more GC UT Style

Mainly just hacking the php and css files and figuring out which images are being used and replacing them with my own.

Do you mean matching the CS stats skins with the UT skins? Prob some room for overlap but given how very different in presentation styles the packages are (psycho vs UT) it might be a whole lot of work for very little reward.

Lets take off publics and to PMs - no need to hash this out here.

-Fk

GC Board Member
Yes, I know.  But it isn't listed in the MOTD I'm proposing, is it?

It can't be tweaked again?

Good information to know!

Server title change.  I have no beef with the name "Nepenthe".

So literal... :)

1) MOTD - close enough - says local stats are running - go to gamerscoalition.com

2) All admins aside from myself are now "secret" - I will however continue to have my name out front and center.

3) Title is what I meant - still "ehh..."

-Fk

Question about how stats work:

how do they work?  I'm wondering why I lost almost 100 points (rank-wise) for joining a game late:

http://www.expeditiary.com/utstatsdb/match...ch=46&player=18

btw, congrats to the people in the top 3!

I think we had the same problem when we were running these before. It ended up with people waiting as spectators until the map was over to join. I did a quick look at the utstatsdb site...google it and you will find it....and they made some mention of a "ghost player" or something because you weren't connected when the map started? I don't understand it all, you might be able to get more info from that site though.

Lex
(edited)
Question about how stats work:

how do they work?  I'm wondering why I lost almost 100 points (rank-wise) for joining a game late:

http://www.expeditiary.com/utstatsdb/match...ch=46&player=18

btw, congrats to the people in the top 3!

I had the same thing happen to me. Joined late and lost 154 points. I think BB is right about spectating before you join the match.

http://www.expeditiary.com/utstatsdb/matchstats.php?match=67

Does anybody know what "player 0" is?

Other then that the stats page looks great! :luxhello:

Edited by Lex

GC Board Member

Player 0 is also a bug that has not been tracked down by the developers.

My guess is that it may be related to the fact that we auto kick people who try to join the server with the just the name "player" - I have no logical reason for thinking this - just my guess, which is about as good as what the developers have right now.

As far as wild score changes - yeah, the specatating bit sounds as good as anything to me - but don't forget most of us have fewer than 20 matches recorded - this thing has been up less than a week - give it a few more for scores to settle a bit.

Major fire at (near?) Chicago IP last night, Nepenthe up when it comes back up - out of our hands, out of xgamingserver hands as well.

-Fk

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Wild score changes are still happening.

I made the "mistake" of spectating a game again last night. Here is the result:

Name || Score || Change || New Score

Unclean/-=GC=-/ || 272.58 ||-238.75 || 33.83

http://www.expeditiary.com/utstatsdb/match...s.php?match=466

Someone loses 87% of their score because they spectate one match? That's quite a bug! Btw, I have almost 50 matches logged.

Edited by Unclean

Thats just you sucking as usual...

Shh! You're blowing my cover!

Be sure to keep us posted! You're usually really good about that though, so it'll probably be up as soon as you hear back from dev.

• 1 month later...
GC Board Member

Just like the main stats package ran by Atari/Epic, this stats package traces players through a unique ID number assigned to your GUID (or whatever).

If you change your screen name, the program does not care - it still knows you are you, it will however update the name listed for you.

Last match you played on the old Nepenthe was on August 9th.

During that match, you used the name "bushwack" sans captial letter - sans GC tag.

And thats what is set in the database.

You can check this your self with the main Atari/Epic stats page - just alias for a couple matches on servers where you know they are reporting world stats - then go look your self up!

Prob get stats up on the new Nepenthe in the next two weeks or so.

-Fk