*BiGBonES**

First tent:

A 6 man Tundra tunnel tent.

Weight: About 20 kg

Length: 8meters

Height: Over 6ft in the middle

W1314cks04.jpg

My opinions:

I'm quite pleased with this tent. If you have a truck to transport it in, then go for it. Plenty of room inside, can sleep 6 people using the 2 3-man compartments. Me and my girlfriend took it away for a weekend, stored food in one compartment and slept in the other.

It can't hack windy conditions very well, mainly due to its size. I ended up using about 6 pegs for each rope to hold it firm.

Second tent:

2/3 man Eurohike tent

Weight: 8kg

Legnth: 2 meteres estimate

Height: under 6ft :(

coleman-boa2.jpg

Description:

Mines a bit better than the picture shows. It has nicer colours and has a different make, but the shape is similar. Its a good tent, lasted me about 6 years. Its easy to set up, and extremely easy to carry. The only disadvantage is its size, meaning it may be a bit uncomfortable to store all the equipment in aswell as sleep more than one person.

There you have it, post up your tents :luxhello:

I just bought a new family tent this year and it got rain tested with no water getting into the main body of it M40117_Sea_Grass.jpg

A little did get into the porch area because of the high winds but a small piece of plastic did the trick just fine. For backpacking I use a different tent 23897_l.jpg

Just remember when choosing a tent make sure that the rain fly goes almost to the ground and also use a good seam sealer before you venture out for the first time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMO, you can't much beat a good Mountain Hardware tent. I have the skyview 3, which isn't made anymore. You can still find them online and they're worth the money. Light enough for hiking, and a great three season tent. It has tons of ventilation and seals up nice for heavy rain/wind. IMO a tent is more important to upgrade than a sleeping bag.

Whatever you get, seal the seams as suggested above. And also buy (if it's not included) a base that matches your tent to put under it

http://www.epinions.com/otdr-review-4961-3...-3A344046-prod3

otdr_Tents_Backpacking_TentsMountain_HardwearSkyview_3.jpg

• 9 months later...

Tents? What kind of panzies are you? Buy a solid 20* wiggys bag, a fleece liner for is its cold or use alone when warm, then lay on a construction tarp. Make sure it is big enough to pull over yourself if it rains. I have woken up with ice on my bag, slept through sandstorms, pelting rain, snow and prolly anything else anyone can come up with. All without a tent.