new map rotation

Assault and Dust 1 are just way too one sided so they need to go. I propose this as the new map cycle

de_piranisi

cs_italy

de_inferno

cs_office

de_dust2

de_jihad (not sure of exact name)

de_cbble

de_clan_mill (not sure of exact name)

This is a list of mostly fair maps that play fast with few complaints. Train,assault,dust,chateau,tides and compound seem to make about half of the server unhappy everytime they show up. I know there are some who like or even love the maps I wish to eliminate but I bet they don't play on the unballenced side at all or rarely.

de_port should be fun on the scopeless server as well, but I have not played it with no sniper rifles so I can't say for sure.

Yeah assault definitely seems T sided but that isn't completely true, i say we let it play out a while longer

Inferno does not like our server, or is it the other way round? Either way don't expect it to be in the rotation

I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if jihad kicked the bucket, especially since it's called jihad which is somewhat offensive being situated at an airport

Finally I'd love to see port come back, without snipers its just so much more fun, as long as people take 5 seconds to strategize, I hate people complaining "but the t's can rush the boat so fast" which is entirely untrue, CT's can make it to the boat 3-5 seconds faster than the T's so quit yer whining!

Assault is pretty T sided however, clue, anon, shep, and some others and i beet the Ts and it felt pretty good to win on that map.

As for your choice of maps, i think they look great. you would have my vote. but yea to at least see DUST gone would make me very happy and to see inferno in would be like christmas.

what about adding prodigy to that list??

(edited)

We have just recently changed over to a Timed Rotation. This means that at different times of day, the rotation changes.

If we could watch how successfull this is going at the moment, it will help us out on the maps players enjoy and also keep the servers full.

Please watch the timed rotations...for instance; early in the morning there have been only 3 to 4 maps in the rotation. That is to keep all of you ensomniacs (sp) happy!!!

Edited by §hažžž

We have just recently changed over to a Timed Rotation.  This means that at different times of day, the rotation changes.

If we could watch how successfull this is going at the moment, it will help us out on the maps players enjoy and also keep the servers full.

Please watch the timed rotations...for instance; early in the morning there have been only 3 to 4 maps in the rotation.  That is to keep all of you ensomniacs (sp) happy!!!

You should add: ONS - Red Planet and ONS - Ascendency, tee hee hee.

Okay, hmmm, where to start :unsure: ...

Dust 1 is just as CT sided as Dust 2 is T sided, they are almost the same ratio.

Piranesi is the most unbalanced map that we play and its on the top of your fair and balanced map list, lol.

Jihad needs to go, it clears out the traffic.

We just added assault and inferno, so that makes a pretty stout cycle we have now, lets give it a try.

As far as prodigy, tides, and port, they are not on the server due to poopiness. :peace:

Dust 1 is just as CT sided as Dust 2 is T sided, they are almost the same ratio.

:= Never! Blasphemy! Well, maybe I need to play them more but I never feel disadvantaged as CT on dust2 and I always feel that way as T on dust...

Piranesi didn't like what you said about it...it's ok pira...he didn't mean it...we'll show him!

clueless plays tides when no one is looking :D (sorry I went overboard)

de_dust2 --> One of the most well balanced maps in the game. Nuff said.

de_inferno --> Personally I love the map. Graphics take a hit but as far as balance, it can go either way.

cs_office --> I have not played a round of office where CT's have lost in a long time.

de_jihad --> pitch it, I hate that map >_< The corridors, stair wells and doorways are so narrow you get stuck very easily. The stairs force everyone into a 3 story bottleneck. And then there is the massive open area with no cover to speak of cept for stuff on either end. As far as balance goes, its okay. I just don't like it.

cs_italy --> I love the map (more as a CT than T) IMO if you are going to keep italy (T favored) then you can keep cbble (CT favored).

de_cbble --> read ^

de_piranisi --> People would argue its a T map, but again, it's been a while since I've seen T's dominate the map.

de_clan_mill_beta --> Not a bad map. I dont have the hang of it yet, but it's easy on the fps and fairly balanced. I've seen it go either way.

de_dust --> If you're playing with random pubbers on both sides then CT is going to take the map. Most challanging T map, but not impossible. I wouldn't miss it. I honestly use it as a confidence map if I'm having a crappy day and want to slaughter peeps so I go CT.

These stats were taken only 2 weeks ago:

Dust2 3804 T wins, 3032 CT wins

Italy 3283 T wins, 2858 CT wins

Dust 3496 CT wins, 2678 T wins

Aztec 3276 CT wins, 2943 T wins

Cbble 2797 T wins, 2789 CT wins (most balanced map)

Piranesi 3419 T wins, 2298 CT wins (most unbalanced)

Office 3127 Ct wins, 2853 T wins (closer than dusts)

Are you trying to say that Piranesi is more T sided than Dust is CT sided? :=

But seriously...we can't really base anything off numbers as peoplea change sides all the time to help out a loosing team and what not...the only thing I feel comfortable using is how I feel when I play each map...like in Piranesi I don't care which team I'm on, I feel my chances are pretty even, not true for dust, aztec, italy or cbble all of which, barring italy, I feel to be at a serious disadvantage when on the T side...this is again juts how I feel and is purely my opinion...

I just had an epiphany...what if we melted dust and piranesi together? decoy or ice, get on that...

Italy wouldnt even be close if u could talk the T's into camping spawn. You should see how that turned out in OSS. I think office is T sided ( I see the #'s) if they camp long hall and offices. I was on a T team with brillow yesterday and we rocked dust. woot

Dust is all about motivation. If you can pump up the troops so they would gladly give their lives to plant the bomb, then CT's stand little chance and are thus intimidated when they see a T cause they think the rest of the team is behind them. Reversly so, if the T's dont want to die, then they camp in the tunnel which is only a matter of time before they are gunned down.

In Itally, if T's camp hardcore then yes it's tough but for some reason I love the challange. Nothing like storming the apartments and getting to the T entance before the first T and gunning him down while he has this "how the @#$% did he get there!!!" look. And a good long hall rush is always fun.

Cbble, lets just say I wrack up the most kills on that map. I like being T but I love being CT more. I'm perfecting my shotgun skill lately and Cbble is perfect for mid-to-close range shottie head practice.

Piranisi is crazy mad hard for CT's but again, if you properly motivate the CT's and give them some confidence then we stand a much better chance. I only play CT nowadays on this map as well.

Aztec, yes it is a CT map. But I've noticed that unlike Dust, Ct's are much more apt to get itchy and come looking for someone to shoot. Usually to thier death. In fact, I'm starting to like being on T side for the shear challange of it.

Office is by far my favorite map. I go CT if I can. The trick is to stop a garage rush. I must say that I'm quite deadly in the pistol round if your a T and decide to rush garage. (Now I've said it everyone is going to gun for me). I'm also working on my shottie skill in this map as well with marginal success, if I couple it with a deagle then I'm in good shape.

We could keep the standard rotation, ditch jihad and assault, add inferno and clan_mill_beta and we'd be set.

Ascendency would be fine if we could just get rid of the levi!

But seriously - could you imagine UT maps in Counterstrike? You'd be playing for five minutes seeing nobody before getting shot in the head by somebody you couldn't even see. Not to mention that Source would probably render the whole thing at 5 frames per second. :freak3:

(edited)
Italy wouldnt even be close if u could talk the T's into camping spawn.  You should see how that turned out in OSS.  I think office is T sided ( I see the #'s) if they camp long hall and offices.     I was on a T team with brillow yesterday and we rocked dust.  woot

until i showed up.... lol, who ended up winnin that...... yes you got ir right...CTs win again!

btw, no one ever answered my question about prodigy...maybe i missed it but, what about throwin that into the day time rotation?

Edited by Kilzugud

maybe a rotaion like this:

de_piranisi

cs_italy

de_inferno

cs_office

de_dust2

de_cbble

de_aztec

de_piranisi

cs_italy

de_inferno

cs_office

de_dust2

de_cbble

de_prodigy

de_piranisi

cs_italy

de_inferno

cs_office

de_dust2

de_cbble

cs_assault

?

Maybe it's just the time of day that I play, or maybe it's people remembering one-sidedness from older versions of the map, but I don't find assault particularly onesided.

Otherwise, I like that rotation :)

I agree with random here, atleast to an extent. I think the map favors the T's a little but not more than some other maps, Italy for instance. I think one thing you might look at would be other versions of assault. The 2k5 version has more extensive vents and is my favorite. I have definately seen CT clean up on the present version of assault though.