cs_office

de_dust2

cs_assault

(removed italy, added assault)

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

After hours needs to be back 1 hour to 10, people start filing out after 10 when stuff like port, train, chateau come on.

The whole rotation needs to go back 1 hour all together.

GC Alumni

that's a good point.

how do you think that would affect the weekend? the server usually stays up later on fri/sat and i think the 4 maps at 10 on those days might be an issue...

the geeks haven't engineered a way to have day specific rotations, so it's gotta be somewhere in between.

GC Alumni

there were some problems with inferno lagging the server on respawn, but we'll keep trying it.

mill was taken out because i thought i was the only one who liked it. i'll get that back in asap.

Would it be possible to spawn bots automatically when the server is empty? Often times on scopeless it's empty after 4AM until about 10AM. I find bots a good way to practice moves, etc. just for the sake of repetition.

Would it be possible to spawn bots automatically when the server is empty?  Often times on scopeless it's empty after 4AM until about 10AM.  I find bots a good way to practice moves, etc. just for the sake of repetition.

Yeah i've seen some servers do this.

I think it would be cool too.

Although, would there be a way that fighting bots would not boost your skill?

Unless the bots were extremely difficult, people might use them to "rank up" easily.

(Thereby artifically inflating the stats, and eventually it would crash, and there would be the Great Counter-Strike Depression. :tongue2: )

GC Alumni

pavid-

i heard there were some issues with the bots on the server, but i'm not exactly sure what the problem was.

if there's no problem, how many bots would you be thinking? we could set it so there's always atleast 4 players....

4 bots, 0 ppl

3 bots, 1 player

0 bots, 4+ players, etc.

...or something along those lines

a quick touch of the search button shows this topic has come up before:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...topic=16228&hl=

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...topic=16568&hl=

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...topic=16566&hl=

steam has since released a few updates, so we may be able to give this another shot.

need input.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

Ive been studying, the times really need to be pushed back to 10 PM instead of starting at 11pm, and Italy for Assault needs to be replaced.

Even tho Assault is new, still a lot of people leave for the whole camping factor that assault brings, i dont care for assault myself but will still play it.

Bad thing is after 10pm, if one not so popular map comes up, it pretty much knocks half r players out for the night.

GC Alumni
Ive been studying, the times really need to be pushed back to 10 PM instead of starting at 11pm, and Italy for Assault needs to be replaced.

Even tho Assault is new, still a lot of people leave for the whole camping factor that assault brings, i dont care for assault myself but will still play it.

Bad thing is after 10pm, if one not so popular map comes up, it pretty much knocks half r players out for the night.

you're right, assault has to be pretty lame latenight, and prolly a server killer. i'll put italy back in. what do you think about adding aztec, or just leave it with the big 4? traffic doesn't seem to take a hit at 10pm....and this could get kinda boring with a full house on a friday/saturday night. i think we should stick with the full cycle until 11pm, but you guys tell me. hmmm....

what if we added one more mapcycle?

afternoon:

11am to 2 pm

7 maps

primetime:

2pm to 8pm

12 maps

evening:

8pm to 12am

7 maps

overnight:

12am to 11am

4 maps

we've got a few admin apps in right now, so relief is in sight. this will also let you guys request maps from the admin if we're in a short cycle (overnight). there's definitely room to improve server traffic going into the wee hours of the morning....

Hey, I noticed before in the server, as part of the random server messages, that you play custom maps on Saturday evenings. Do you guys still do this?

If so, might you be interested in some of my work? I've made a few maps (and not ripoff "maps" like fy_iceworld) for CS 1.5/1.7 in the good ol' days and now I'm working on converting them to source.

I can see you screens and/or files if you guys are interested.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

I hope those admins get approved, and I hope they are West Players, all these Midwest players are doing us no good.

We suffer all night long once you go to bed John, EVERY night.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

And...

Your little setup john seems good, just replace assault with Italy, and forget aztec, its too big if the server is small for late at night.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

switch assault for Italy already, jonathan ur slacking man.

GC Alumni

yeah yeah yeah. request is in to the man in charge. fragfest is this weekend, so we may or may not see this change anytime soon.

also put in the request for bots + timelimit change.

i'll make the official statement once it's done.