CS:S Game Mechanics Qs

Guest catnip

Guest catnip
Guest catnip
Guest catnip
Guests

Hey all, I recently started playing CS:S for the first time a few weeks ago. Big change from CS1.6. In this recent patch I have noticed a few things about the game that weren't listed in the description of the patch. Is this the place to ask those questions?

Guest catnip
Guest catnip
Guest catnip
Guests

Guess I should just go ahead an ask. :wiggle2:

1. The objects, like barrels and fileing cabinets seem to weigh more. You can't knock them around as much with guns as you used to. Is that a server gravity setting, or something changed by stealth?

2. My aiming seems a bit off lately. When I spec people I see them aim a bit to the right of the person and they get headshots a lot. Anyone else notice this?

Guest catnip
Guest catnip
Guest catnip
Guests

So the objects are weighted based on the map not a server variable? They must have changed them. bah, no more kicking barrels and things in people's way to trip them up. :bang:

I ask about the aiming because I used to consider myself pretty good at CS. This latest patch is either bogging my machine down, or I just suck now. :biglaugha:

Anybody have any tips on aiming better? I use the M4, AK, MP5 & TMP/MAC10 mainly.

I belive the weight of objects can be changed on the map AND with server commands. I know you can still block the door fairly well in Office with the filing cabinets with a grenade. I don't know about player interaction though or shooting them. Those barrels in the T bridge room on Aztec almost always get me killed becuase they push me around. Maybe they did change them.

Best bet with aiming is the shotgun. You can jump, run strafe and never have to truly aim. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Team.lmb < Keith. >
Guests
(edited)
Guess I should just go ahead an ask.    :wiggle2:

1.  The objects, like barrels and fileing cabinets seem to weigh more.  You can't knock them around as much with guns as you used to.  Is that a server gravity setting, or something changed by stealth?

2.  My aiming seems a bit off lately.  When I spec people I see them aim a bit to the right of the person and they get headshots a lot.  Anyone else notice this?

I cant remeber when but this aiming to the right thing has been asked before on the STEAM :wiggle2: fourms ill try and find and post the link.

Edited by Team.lmb < Keith. >

• 2 weeks later...