PISTOL FAQ

Maxim-expertpistolier

Pistol FAQ:

Hello, I'm kind of new to GamersCoalition forum. My name is Maxim. and its not after the magazine. Maxim means, a fundamental principle or practice, such as Religion or a Martial arts. I am writing a FAQ on pistols because i've spent a long time learning how to use it, and i became pretty good, i was able to out shoot people with rifles, in only a couple of shots. now I wasn't playing with the caliber of players i now am running with on one of the GC servers, but I still do okay now and then, and now i am trying to learn the rifles through the same process, its a long path.

Ok i did a series of "tests" on each pistol, I have a spray of hwere i did my experiment. which i will show. i used a default bullseye spray as my target. I lined up with the center of a bullseye using the scout, switched to the pistol and fired at the target. I sprayed 2 targets over the area, but no bullets overlapped, and I did not fire the scout into the wall where the pistols were tested. also i fired while standing.

heres a spray of it:

dedust00014so.th.jpg]test area[/url]

Glock:

the first pistol up is the glock. it's cheap got burst fire, but all in all, it's accuracy is terrible at some times, and dead on at others. I call it a random gun, because i hate it, but every so often, it works wonders. Here are the screenshots of its spread. its not very good, at all.

glock10jj.th.jpg]My Webpage[/url]

glock24nv.th.jpg]glock2[/url]

glock36tc.th.jpg]glock3[/url]

glock36tc.th.jpg]glock4[/url]

here is burst fire, its not good either, at least not from this distance.

glockbf15ul.th.jpg]bf1[/url]

glockbf24et.th.jpg]My Webpage[/url]

glockbf30lf.th.jpg]My Webpage[/url]

glockbf47kp.th.jpg]My Webpage[/url]

where are you going with this? I cant see anything in your thumbnails and I cant get the page to load the full sized pics.

However, I do have a huge urge to run into you in the server...me with my ak and you with a pistol of your choice. :D

where are you going with this? I cant see anything in your thumbnails and I cant get the page to load the full sized pics. 

However, I do have a huge urge to run into you in the server...me with my ak and you with a pistol of your choice.  :D

well I thought i deleted all that stuff. I tried, i spent like 3 hours workin on it. I used Imageshack to host all like 30 or so images, so i could use them for my faq, but the forum wont allow it. and then i tried to maybe chop it into sections, and just use the replies to finsiht he faq off. but the images aren't commin through.

I don't know what imma gonna do now.

I could probably just write one up using just words and no visual aid.

Sure, go for a written guide of each pistola. I'm always willing to try something new.

Usually, I (a big nub) just aim and shoot as fast as I can, dont think about starting in the chest or whatever...I wanna blast teh face ;)

Always aim for the head.

the head is the goal, but if it is still a small target. ok i will write a quick guide for a few pistols.

The Glock: the glock is an ok gun, I haven't had the greatest luck with it lately, but it's accuracy has been horrible. It's only saving grace is it's 20 rounds. to use this gun efficiently, is to fire as many shots as you can at your enemy, and hope they run out of ammo so you can shoot them when they are defenseless.

teh USP. very accurate pistol, my personal favorite, worth every penny. accurate at short and mid range. keep the bursts down to 3 max, (4 starts to get inaccurate), and aim for chest.

P228. roughly similar to the USP, 13 shot clip, but less overall ammo. has never came through for me ever. feels weaker than the USP, and seems less accurate.

the 5-7: decent gun, 20 rounds of ammo, and a total of 120 rounds, it's accuracy is good, rate of fire is good, but i don't think it is worth the extra money. I say stick with the USP, because it is cheaper, and has roughly the same results.

the Deagle: accurate powerful, but only 7 shots. unless you become very skilled with the gun i would avoid it. your goal should be to get 1 kill for every 3-4 bullets, fired. if you can do that, than the deagle is useful. but 7 bullets should not be what it takes to kill 1 enemy. I played tonight, i did bad but i was averaging 3-4 bullets per kill, in the short time i used it. the reason is that, after 7 shots you have to reload, thats no good if fighting multiple enemies. so if you can kill 1 person in 3-4 bullets, thats 3-4 bullets you have to kill 1 more person, with that at least you stand a chance.

The Dualies:

the most fun pistols in the game. 30 rounds, and decent accuracy. this gun is good on headshots. ok keep this guns bursts down to 3 max, and you will be ok. even at a distance the bullets keep a fairly tight group. but the kicker is that you can fire the group of 3 as fast as you want, and the same results will come up. but as with any gun the accuracy, is lessened as you run so be careful when running with them. the dualies accuracy is decent while standing, but when running, they become harder to wield.

General tips when using pistols:

pick your fights, don't rush an open area against rifles. leave if you can, find another way.

don't reload after every bullet is fired, with most pistols if you have more than 1/2 the clip than that is enough to kill someone. if you don't kill them by the time you run out of ammo, you were nevery going to kill them. with teh USP, 6 rounds and up, should be more than enough to get someone, if you don't do it by 6 shots, than your dead. reload when you know you are safe.

when fighting mid ranged fights, use cover to your advantage, straff behind a wall, and try to line up your shots, then come out firing, trying to get that headshot.

don't be too aggressive, pistols are not a rushing weapon, they are last resort. when using pistols only that is your only defense so use it wisely.

try to make yourself a hard target. straff left or right, but never jump. jumping destroys accuracy, you might as well nto fire. you will horribly miss when jumping and firing with a pistol. try to not crouch with a pistol unless hiding or ambushing your enemy. crouching stops you from juking, so rifleman can take good aim at you.

use grenades, without rifles you will have a little extra cash, purchase HE nades, to throw at enemies. try not to throw them unless you see the enemy, you only get 1.

stick with 1 pistol and learn the feel of it. I chose USP. pick one and stick with it, and learn how it acts when you fire it. because the USP at about 50 ft, the second bullet will go up, so if aimed at the chest the second bullet will hit the guy in the head.

any questions just reply. hope i covered everything.

Maxim

Edited by Maxim-expertpistolier

The Dualies:

the most fun pistols in the game. 30 rounds, and decent accuracy. this gun is good on headshots. ok keep this guns bursts down to 3 max, and you will be ok. even at a distance the bullets keep a fairly tight group. but the kicker is that you can fire the group of 3 as fast as you want, and the same results will come up. but as with any gun the accuracy, is lessened as you run so be careful when running with them. the dualies accuracy is decent while standing, but when running, they become harder to wield.

This is definitely interesting. You should also note that a singular Dualie headshot is a one-hit-kill. I guess I should try these out more and fire in three round bursts. I think I'll go do that right now!

Thanks for your efforts! :boing:

(The Pope thanks ye!)

the Deagle: accurate powerful, but only 7 shots. unless you become very skilled with the gun i would avoid it. your goal should be to get 1 kill for every 3-4 bullets, fired. if you can do that, than the deagle is useful.

I disagree! I regularly get kills with 1-2 bullets! All one has to do is fire slowly and aim for the aim. Never fire in bursts with a Deagle unless you are extremely close to your opponent. Also note that the Deagle is the one pistol that can shoot through people!

Overall this guide is very practical; in game, I don't always have enough money to spend on a rifle. Pistols are the only option when one is low on money! Plus pistols provide a fun break from rifle use!

I disagree! I regularly get kills with 1-2 bullets! All one has to do is fire slowly and aim for the aim. Never fire in bursts with a Deagle unless you are extremely close to your opponent. Also note that the Deagle is the one pistol that can shoot through people!

Overall this guide is very practical; in game, I don't always have enough money to spend on a rifle. Pistols are the only option when one is low on money! Plus pistols provide a fun break from rifle use!

well what i meant was 3-4 average. if you can do less, than go for it. but what you want after killing 1 person, is enough to kill at least one more. and also i am not as good with the deagle as i am with the USP. and they do provide an escape from the usual rifle battles. yes and they are good with money. also you can buy kevlar and helmet with the extra money, which helps a little. I am not sure what Kevlar and helmet do, exactly. but any defense is better than no defense.

You should also note that a singular Dualie headshot is a one-hit-kill- pope

any single shot from a pistol headshot is a one hit kill.

I am glad i have your approval pope. My faq isn't quite complete without my visual aids but i guess it works. I do get headshots with the dualies, but i find it harder. the bullets are a little more wild when compared to other pistols.

Edited by Maxim-expertpistolier

I think the one place where this guide goes wrong is specifying what type of game play your using these pistols in.

Are you talking about general pubbing, or match play?

I say this, because money is often an issue in match play, and not so much of an issue when having fun pubbing.

In a standard game, you have $800. Lets round that up to $1000 to show how much money you actaully have at the start.

If you go ahead and buy a deagle on the first round, and the team looses the round, your stuffed for the next round because you've burnt nearly a grand on nothing.

I used to be a big deagle user, and I used to be pretty good with it, but it wasn't worth the risk of dying and having no money for the next few rounds.

I've started using the glock a lot more, and the usp. I usually buy 1/2 clips for the usp, but dont bother buying anything with the glock.

Overall, its a good guide, I've realised i need to aim more for the chest with the usp, instead of at the head :boing:

gj, thnx for the tips :wiggle2:

However, I do have a huge urge to run into you in the server...me with my ak and you with a pistol of your choice.  :D

ROFLMAO...that is a classic...actually it's quote worthy

I think the one place where this guide goes wrong is specifying what type of game play your using these pistols in.

Are you talking about general pubbing, or match play?

I say this, because money is often an issue in match play, and not so much of an issue when having fun pubbing.

In a standard game, you have $800. Lets round that up to $1000 to show how much money you actaully have at the start.

If you go ahead and buy a deagle on the first round, and the team looses the round, your stuffed for the next round because you've burnt nearly a grand on nothing.

I used to be a big deagle user, and I used to be pretty good with it, but it wasn't worth the risk of dying and having no money for the next few rounds.

I've started using the glock a lot more, and the usp. I usually buy 1/2 clips for the usp, but dont bother buying anything with the glock.

Overall, its a good guide, I've realised i need to aim more for the chest with the usp, instead of at the head  :boing:

gj, thnx for the tips  :wiggle2:

actually this guide is for any type of gameplay. if you want to get good with the pistol fallow my guide and practice. this guide alone wont make you good iwth the pistol but it is some general tips for each pistol that i have discovered. but any gun you want as long as you can afford it. I tell you wich one i prefer, which is the USP. but money wasn't apart of my guide because i don't think i need to teach people how to be economical with their money on CS.