NHL

g@!dEn

Looks like the NHL is going to come back. I am a avid fan and a die hard blues fan. I was just wondering if any of you are glad, interested, etc that hockey is back and it is time to see the hottest sport on ice played.

my heart is racing just thinking about it.

abs-o-friggen-loot-le

(yes! yes!! yes!!!)

i'm holding my breath hoping the sharks will lower season ticket prices. i grew up (and remain) a wings fan, so getting to see some western conference action is awesome-o! besides, who knows WHO (if anyone) will be broadcasting the games. i dunno if they're even going to offer an nhl package on the dish....

the nhl section of espn.com has a great live bookmark for you firefox users that luv your hockey news.

GO WINGS!

When the Toronto Blue Jays opened in Toronto, I skipped school to be there on opening day. I followed them every season, every player etc. As you may recall, the players went on strike and cancelled the All Star game that was to be coached by Cito Gaston as the Jays had won the World Series (second time). I was angry about that and as a result, I have never watched another MLB game again. I found other interests and other things to do.

In the case of Hockey, to me it is the same thing, I have found other things to do. I will not be returning. I live in Toronto, they have already said that ticket prices will not be going down one penny. Toronto is one of the richest if not the richest team in the league who now have and extra 20+ million in their pockets which they plan to keep. The entire thing has me angry, bye bye Leafs.

I encourage all those loyal fans to boycott the NHL and go on strike until those tickets prices relflect at least a 24% rollback.

When the Toronto Blue Jays opened in Toronto, I skipped school to be there on opening day.  I followed them every season, every player etc.  As you may recall, the players went on strike and cancelled the All Star game that was to be coached by Cito Gaston as the Jays had won the World Series (second time).  I was angry about that and as a result, I have never watched another MLB game again.  I found other interests and other things to do.

In the case of Hockey, to me it is the same thing, I have found other things to do.  I will not be returning.  I live in Toronto, they have already said that ticket prices will not be going down one penny.  Toronto is one of the richest if not the richest team in the league who now have and extra 20+ million in their pockets which they plan to keep.  The entire thing has me angry, bye bye Leafs.

I encourage all those loyal fans to boycott the NHL and go on strike until those tickets prices relflect at least a 24% rollback.

This was me in January...now I'm back on board, why I don't really know but HOCKEY'S BACK BABY...GO LEAFS!!!!!!!! (habs suck and their fans use noob cannons)

This was me in January...now I'm back on board, why I don't really know but HOCKEY'S BACK BABY...GO LEAFS!!!!!!!! (habs suck and their fans use noob cannons)

Hahahaha....nice try! Everybody knows you da shotty man, so logic dictates that you must also...a.) be a habs fan; b.) suck :biglaugha:

J/K AnonyLeaf :hug:

(edited)

GO CANUCKS!

Vancouver all the way! I live in Vegas, but I love Canadian teams. I guess it's because the Canadian blood in me make me love hockey. It's a shame Calgary didn't take it all the way last season. :(

And I don't like the Wings, so take that, SJ! =P

Edited by Ak0Mg0

• 2 weeks later...
when is the season actually starting?

the usual time?  or will it be delay'd due to the strikeage?

regular season starts october 5th, preseason games in mid september.

i just got off the phone with the ticketing company for the sj sharks. they sure don't want hockey out here:

- preseason tickets are the same price as regular season tickets

- single game tickets went up an average of $5, execpt the tickets about $90. those tickets went down an average of $10.

- there's no customer appreciation day, or anyother sort of community momentum builder planned

oh well, at least we've got our giants. er, a's.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope it won't hurt the blues a bit. I personally did not like him that much. When he came back from injury during the 2003-2004 season i thought he was passive and a wuss. That may change with some more playing time but I think that the blues have a solid line-up of defense men and wings that they will do alright. Also it will be more of an offensive game this year, hopefully, with the rule changes that our forwards will pull us through if they need to, atleast i hope so.