Demesne (Practice Server) Problems

Unclean

Some people had problems joining Demesne last night -- Shadow couldn't connect at all, Primus kept getting disconnected and GPFs, and I believe mtn_dew was also having troubles connecting.

Has anything changed between yesterday and the day before?

Seems perfectly fine this morning.

Remember that ReconGamer is tooling with thier network specifically on Friday - they may have done some backend tooling aorund earlier.

ECE maps went up not yesterday but the day b4 so if it wasn't those.

Random internet crap prob.

-Fk

Shadow was in then he rebooted his pc and could not get in at all. Mnt_Dew had the same problem of not getting in at all. I crashed twice and that NEVER happens to me. Not to mention it was acting pretty wierd, aka lag and so forth. Demense was acting really quircky last night for sure. Maybe Recon was tooling alittle last night :shrug03: . Ok just thought I would let you know, Shadow had no problem even last night until he rebooted, he did reboot his modem and re-installed the whole game :o and still could not get back into Demense. Will find out today if he is still haveing the same problem. I hope everything is ok tonight, wouldn't want to crash out in the middle of the match :bang:

Ok see you at match time.

Yes - if you are getting a new map from Nepenthe or Demesne pushed to you we have redirects in place

If we didn't you would DL the map directly from the server at the capped netspeed set by the game server - which is usually around 10000 - which is 10k (now compare to a 56k modem - as in telephony....yeah)

With redirects, it switches to an HTTP download from another server, which is not speed capped, meaning it flies down as fast as your modem can take it

Bit of a problem then when we have our redirect hosted on the same stuff our website is hosted on.... If website down, then redirect offline = forever and a day to get a new map.

-Fk