Plantronics

Acid-Flux

As some of you know, ive been having mic problems. I have learned my lesson and stoped buying the cheap no name brand mics and decided to get a plantronics. Well I thought this was an amazing mic, untill is suddenly stoped working after about 2 weeks. So I went on their web site and was going to see if I could RMA it to them. So I went through the product registrations process and I got to a part where it asked for a specific DATE number, which I didnt have so I filled it out " CAN NOT FIND". I figured I would just get an email back telling me exactly where to look on the mic; this was yesterday (Aug 10th). So I was just outside working on my car (putting in some new freon in the airconditioner) when UPS came up to me and gave me a package; now I just figured it was a birthday gift cause my bday is on Sat. So I open it up and low and behold it's a new pair of Plantronics headset / mic. They OVERNIGHT'ed me a brand new pair with no charge. I am giving mad props to this company now. If you are to ever buy a new mic, buy from them.!!!

ive owned 2 pair of .90s and one pair of .80's. Every pair has broken. The first the mic when out. The second, the mic doesnt stay up anymore, it always falls. The third, well the mic didnt start to begin with so, I took out the onwire volume and soldered back together and it worked fine until I stepped on them and broke the earpeice off. I have to admit they are good souding headphones, I just have bad luck and they all break.

(edited)

no issues at all with my .90s. have had them for 2 years now at least. they certainly aren't something to throw around but i've tripped on a cord a few times and they've gone flying but still work 100%.

Edited by *|CsLs|*Cujo

what's the price range of the sets you guys are talking about?

i work in telecom, the only telephone headsets you see floating in 90% of the offices have plantronics plastered all over em. i figured they were overpriced in the consumer market, but i'd like to check em out. like flux knows, their warranty program is pretty decent.

what's the price range of the sets you guys are talking about?

i work in telecom, the only telephone headsets you see floating in 90% of the offices have plantronics plastered all over em. i figured they were overpriced in the consumer market, but i'd like to check em out. like flux knows, their warranty program is pretty decent.

heck no man, the .90's are the best bang for your buck headset. The mic and the headset sounds awesome for only 20 bucks.

Newegg has the .90's for $20. They are labeled as OEM, so they do not come with packaging. But, if you are picky, you can get teh retail ones, in package for $22. Of course you have the $4.99 and 5.99 shipping, respectively. Or you can see if your local circuit city has them in stock, pick them up for $25, and have them right away.