OpenGL problems

Guest [DOH]TaPe

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

My 'old' computer was using ME - I decided to upgrade to XP. I got a new motherboard, new RAM and formatted the HDs. I put XP on... re-installed CS... but now I can't get OpenGL to work. Anytime I try and join a server or go to console with OpenGL chosen, it tells me my video card cannot support OpenGL. Thing is... I used OpenGL before... same video card... I kept the same video card. Any ideas?

As of now, I can pick between 25 fps on Software or 80-100 fps on Direct3D with the most movement and mouse lag I've ever seen. I can shake the mouse back and forth a couple times before it even starts to move...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

--TaPe

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

tape: we need information in order to help you out. Please post system information. As detailed as possible (video card, driver version, mobo, etc etc)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

update your drivers. if you have an ATI card and upgraded to cat 3.0 a little while ago. There is basically a new Cat 3.0A now available that fixes OpenGL stuttering.

ATI fixes

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Cane helped... and yes, it was a GeForece 2 card... but my mouse still doesn't move smoothly. I put m_filter on and that made it seem like mouse accel was one... and when I take it off, it doesn't move smoothly. :angry: Oh well, guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

tape xp is really stupid about a few things when it comes to gaming... it has a built in mouse accel and a built in refresh rate.

to turn off the built in refresh rate download this... http://members.verizon.net/~vze4y7dz/nvrt.zip install it and run it and reboot.

to turn off built in mouse accel do this... http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=695