Need a little help

Bush

(edited)

I'm going to a Lan party in a couple of weeks and am entering a team for the CS:S tourney. They have a big debate going on right now on what maps to play.

It is a 3 map tourney. The current maps are aztec, train, and mill in that order.

What would be your ideal map selection for a lan tourney?

edit: BTW I have a good idea, I just need some data...

Edited by BushMaster

I'd say thats a good choice, and to be quite honest, the map selection won't matter too much unless you have really picky teams.

Other maps to consider:

dust2 - probably the best cs map ever made. It allows teams to be creative, its a fair map, although slightly T sided. Its downside is the fact that its over played.

de_cbble - another good map, more CT sided, but allows a lot of creativity with flashes nades and smokes etc.

de_inferno - despite a few bugs and low fps, its a really fun map to frag on. If all the players can hold good fps, I'd move this into the rotation.

I'm not to keen on clan_mill, I think its way over rated. If cal and cpl didnt put their tag on the map, it wouldn't be found on any servers. But your lan players may think differently.

My map cycle-

cbble - good map to start things off with

train - a good map to frag on

dust2/inferno - to host the final, inferno prefably if people can hold their fps

Hope that helps. Maybe even ask the teams entering the lan to vote?

Thanks BB, I agree with you on all of the maps. However it is out of my control, I'm here to gather data on what others think.. It's not up to me to choose. Thanks for the post..

I would go de_piranisi, de_clan_mill and de_dust2 with de_cbbl as a forth choice. Piranisi and clan mill are the two maps I can play either side and never feel advantaged or disadvantaged. de_dust2 is a classic with the right team you can dominate either side. de_cbbl is very even and a well spread out map that you can really strategize on so I like it very well too. infrno is also a good map but train sucks in CS: S.

My 2 cents ;)