Ban request

mookie

Another strange ban request. I'm going to be letting a friend use my Steam account for a little while, so I'd like to request a temporary ban for my own Steam ID (STEAM_0:1:7130199). Basically I just want to be banned for a while, to make sure that he doesn't get himself banned for me (if that makes any sense). Thanks in advance.

:unsure: I think if your that worried about it maybe---you should not let him use it. Just a thought :D I'm sure we can accomidate you though o0o

I'll let the leads handle this one, I just thought I should comment :D

Edited by Primus

GC Alumni

I'm just going to be letting him use it for a week or so, he wants to figure out if Source will run OK on his computer. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but I think it's a safe bet that if he ended up in GC servers he'd start swearing eventually. If it takes admins much effort to do a ban/unban then don't bother and I'll just deal with it on the off chance he gets in there (slim I guess), but if it's trivial (as I assume it is) then a short break will give me a little time to get some programming done for classes anyway :D .

GC Alumni

BiGBonES you're right, I completely forgot that since he installed it on his own computer, he won't even have my favorite servers! Since the ping from me isn't that great to any GC servers (not bad, just not exceptional), the chances of him even ending up in here are astronomical. I guess we may as well call the whole thing off. As for trying to get him into the GC community, I'll wait till after he gets hooked on CS:S ;) .