Wiresless Speakers

Acid-Flux

My sister called me a few minutes ago asking if I could just find her a sound system for her apartment. This ISNT going to be hooked up to a TV or anything like that, she just wanted somthing to play CD's. So I got thinking, why not see how much some wireless speakers are; but this is where the problem arises, I have never bought wireless speakers. Have any of you have? What are your comments on them? And of cource can someone recomend any? Im thinking that if it's wireless maybe some computer speakers? She is thinking about buying new ones anyways, so why not just combine the two..

So if anyone can sugest a pair of decent Wireless Computer speakers that would be SUPER DUPER!

I worked with audio equipment for a few years at Best Buy. Personally, I would not recommend wireless speakers. You get MUCH better sound from wired speakers and they usually cost less. It also kinda depends on what you plan to use them for, too. Music, computer, or the possibility of them being used on a tv at a later date? Also, will the be hooked into a receiver or a computer? SOrry aboot the questions.

not really to to concerned w/ the sound quality, i dont think she would notice the difference between 128k and 192k :).. well I know it's not going to be those values, but needless to say I dont think she would notice to much difference.

The main reason I sugesting wireless speakers is becuase she wants to be able to play music in another room.. and by the time she buys a new "boom box" and a new set of speakers I thought she might just want a pair of wireless.

Ps. this will be hooked into a computer.

My parents have wireless speakers for their living room. I bought them from Radio Shack a few years back, fraid I don't know the brand. They work great, nice and clear.

However, they run on the 900MHz band, which means that if she has any devices that run in that band it "MIGHT" interfere. I say might, because my parents have a few Cell phones and a couple cordless phones that all run in/around this freq.

The only problem we've ever noticed was with the older digital cell my mom uses, Nokia 5165, when someone is making/receiving a call and standing within about 10/15 feet of the speaker. If they're across the house then no problem. And this only happens when someone is using the phone.

Wireless speakers are ok...I have plenty. I like my outdoor ones, from Advent I think. I have a set of indoor speakers also.

At this point I don't use any of them. I wired outside cause the sounds is so much better...however, I can't beat the portability of the wireless. I'm sure I'll use them in the future but not for real music listening...just so I can hear the sound.

If you have the ability I'd wire a room before going wireless. If you just can't run the wire or want to be able to relocate them frequently then wireless may be for you. Just don't expect wired sound from the wireless speaker.

The reason for the wireless is so my sister can have them in her bedroom when she is on the computer, and when she has people over she can just move them into her living room.

PS. Preacher, if you are talking about the 250's that is what we ended up ordering her.