Scripts and Binds

(edited)

Just tought i would share some of my scripts and binds with everyone.

// Binded scripts

bind "enter" "xcolor"

bind "shift" "xsize"

// Bind toggles (this will toggle 1 and 0 so it will turn these on and off)

BindToggle "/" "cl_crosshairusealpha"

BindToggle "backspace" "cl_radartype"

BindToggle "]" "cl_showfps"

BindToggle "[" "net_graph"

// Scripts

//xhair color change

alias xcolor "incrementvar cl_crosshaircolor 0 5 1"

//xhair size change

alias xsize "incrementvar cl_crosshairscale 600 1200 100"

//interp (this will increase interp by .01 starting from 0 max is .1)

alias interpx "incrementvar cl_interp 0 .1 .01"

//updaterate (increase updaterate by 10 starting from 30 max 100)

alias uprate "incrementvar cl_updaterate 30 100 10"

//cmdrate (same as updaterate)

alias cmdup "incrementvar cl_cmdrate 30 100 10"

//cmdbackup (same once again)

alias cmdBup "incrementvar cl_cmdbackup 30 100 10"

//rate change (ups your rate by 10000 starting from 10000 max 100000)

alias rateup "incrementvar rate 10000 100000 10000"

Some of the scripts are not binded cause i use the console for them. GL have Fun!!

Edited by FORZ

(edited)

I have all my binds and scipts in the vavle.rc file I dont use the config or a autoexec. this makes it where i cant be slowed hacked every time the game is loaded my binds and everything reset to what I have in the vavle.rc file. Also if u use the vavle.rc file to store your config when you click restore defaults in the control section inside the game it will change your keys to what u have stored in the vavle.rc file not the game defaults. when u get slow hacked hit the console and click restore defaults in the contorl menu and your good to go again.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\yoursteamaccount\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

is where you find the vavle.rc file open it with notepad to edit it use it just like a config.

Edited by FORZ

(edited)

slow hacked = when a noob admin changes your config with a 3rd party program like adminmod. like making you chnage your name and stuff. i dont mean anyone who changes a persons name is a noob but there are other cmds and that u can do like bidning there keys funny and change console cmds that is the noob stuff. using this you can still be slowed u will just be able to fix it faster. if they mess with your keys u can just go restore them but if they change other stuff u may have to restart the game. every time the game launch vavle.rc is loaded and overwrites the config.

Edited by FORZ

(edited)

While I am at it, Here are some realy hard to find tweaks.

lets start off on the hardware side of things.

Mouse tweaks;

There is any old tweak people used to use in hl1 dont know if it still works but it has little affect on the rest of the pc so i still use it. Head over to the control panel look for mouse propties turn the mouses double click rate up i have mine on the secound to last little bar.

Logitech mx series mice.

If you have a logitech mouse and want all the buttons to work follow this guild.

Download the latest drivers from: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/download...US/EN,CRID=1792.

Download this from here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/download...softwareid=6819.

Now where to start lets see open up the control panel for windows double click the mouse icon. At the top Find the buttons tab click it.

find buttons 4,7,8 (for mx mice owners) may change depending on witch mouse u use. highlight the button click modify change it to

keypress and assign it to a keyboard key make sure this keyboard key is not a shortcut to anything for windows or any apps you are running.

Once you have done this run mwadvanced_enu.exe this is the secound dload I was talking about above. once in side on Mwadvanced

check the box that says keep key press button assignments. enter any game and try to bind any of the mouse keys that you changed to

keypress it will show as the keyboard key you assigned it to Now all your keys on the mouse work. Only down side to this is the mouse keys

orginal funtion no longer works. Uninstalltion reinstall mouse.

I suggest u download Power toys for windows Xp there are a few setting in there that i am going to suggest.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c...9ed9-45a6-b352-

once you have dloaded open power toys UI Click Mouse then click Hover I suggest turn the hover sensitivity all the way up.

also turn hover time all the way down. You can use the test icon in the upper right hand corner to test the difference.

turn hover time to a 10000 and see how long it takes to light the icon up compared to the lowest setting. Remenber you many not see a big

difference between 100 ms and 10 ms but the computer does.

Motherboards

almost all Motherboards have a setting in the bios that sets a limit on how fast keys on the keyboard can be pressed check your motherboard book. look for these.

Typematic Rate

Typematic Rate Delay

Typematic Rate Setting

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

Launch Options

Launch options can be found by launching steam and right clicking on cs:s (or the mod of your choice click properties then clicking launch options.here u can insert these.

-Heapsize 256000 added to the launch options for cs:s hl2 and hl2_dm will set aside 256megs of ram just for the

game instead of default of 64megs. (Only use if you have 512 megs of ram or better)to test launch the game u added the launch option to open console and it should say heap: 250 mb on the secound line u may have to scroll up to see it.

-highpriority This is for you p4 lovers with windows xp add this line to your launch options to tell windows xp that cs:s is more inportant then all your other background apps. like virus scanners and firewalls but some virus scanners,

firewall also run at highprioity so you mit only be increasing it to the same level but you still are higher then most of apps.

you can test this by adding it to the launch options of cs:s launch cs:s and then hitting alt-ctrl-delete go to the processes tab find cs:s right click on it highlight set priority should have highpriority checked instead of normal. This tweak has been know to cause mouse lag. simple remove it from the launch option if that is the case. This tweak has been know to make a huge difference For P4 owners with HT enabled makes the game perform as good as if HT was disabled.

Edited by FORZ

• 7 months later...

Click your steam icon and select Games. Then right click on Counter Strike Source and select properties. Click the button marked "Set launch options.." A small box will open showing you your current launch properties. Click at the end of that line and add a space then type -highpriority. Click OK and the launch properties for Counter Strike source are updated.