Here ya go Lunk

Bubblegum Bandit

I actually posted these a year or so ago. But since you were talking about wainscott and crown, I thought I'd give 'em another run. This is my daughter's nursery that I did.

I ripped 1x4 pine down to a true 1x3 and rounded over the edge for a little detail. Put wainscott up and added some crown for more detail and to support the ledge or chair rail or whatever you may actually call it. I also did a built-in closet organizer with adjustable shelves out of MDF.

detail.jpg

window1.jpg

window2.jpg

window3.jpg

ne1.jpg

ne2.jpg

ne3.jpg

closet1.jpg

closet2.jpg

closet3.jpg

That's an excellent job BBG! To bad you don't live close. I could always use some pointers. :D

How did you attach the 1x3 to the wall? Toenail nails into it? Or is the crown molding actually the main support for it?

BTW, I had to call Clue today. I ran into a bit of trouble on a corner with the crown molding. :spin2:

Nice job Bub, the art work on the walls is a really nice touch, perfect kids room!!

Was that your drawing? or did the wife get involved in that part?

That was mine too....I was messing around late one night while working on the trim, had a lumber pencil in my hand and just decided to see if I could do a halfway decent job with the cartoon animals. I tried to mimic the animals that were on the baby bedding and I have to say I was/am pleasantly suprised with my artistic ability. :wiggle2: