ich's goal

ich bin ein berliner

considering im in the best shape of my life and this will be the last time i will ever be in this good of shape. after next semester, i can not swim division one anymore, i will have completed my 4 years of eligibility. and my life won't revolve around a sport that is this stressful.

so to make the absolute best effort my last year of swimming im going to try to achieve a goal that ive never accomplished before... the prized 6 pack. this is going to be hard as heck considering i have to make sure my back doesnt get screwed up.

the reason 6 packs are almost impossible to achieve is because in order to see your awesome sexy toned stomach... is to lose overall body fat. i still have some fat on both sides of my hips (not much but its a small layer of fat impeding my abs from showing).

so to achieve this goal im going to:

1.) 10 to 15 minute max of ab workouts a day. swimming will help out tone my tired abs.

2.) take out most/all junk food. big downfalls are: heavy drinking once a week, missing meals (because of my busy schedule) and ice cream after lunch or dinner. hopefully perfecting my diet will help me lose a few extra pounds.

i wont post a definite time when i'll achieve this goal... i hope at least by the first of the year i'll have something resembling a 6 pack, without flexing that is.

Day 1:

morning practice:

-5200 yards

- mostly freestyle and breast stroke

afternoon workout:

45 minutes of heavy lifting

10 minutes of abs

f00d:

breakfast:

- 1 glass of milk

- 1 glass of apple juice

- 1 glass of water

- ham and cheese omlet

- fruit

- bagel with light cream cheese

lunch:

- 2 glasses of milk

- half plate of pasta

- half plate of sliced turkey (3 servings)

I know what you mean with the 6-pac thing! I'm going for it aswell but its not quite happening yet :(

I'm finding the dieting part easy, mainly because im too lazy to go to the shops and buy food (lol), but my 6pac is still taking its time to show, even after loosing lots of fat so far!

Well, good luck, try and post some pics soon :boing:

day 2:

tues/thurs is clustered. i have classes from 9:40 am to 2 pm straight so i have to eat between each of my 3 classes. i get 10 minutes to do so.

meals between classes:

1 cup of coffee

1 whole wheat turkey sandwich

1 whole wheat chicken salad sandwich with 3 extra packets of mayo (buying healthy food on campus is expensive. i need more calories so i beefed up on some extra fat) if i bought really bad stuff for me (lots of calories but not healthy), the fat calories would be somewhere in the 250 cal range instead of an extra 50-80 from mayo

1 L of milk (mmmm protien)

pretty easy swim today, im suppose to double up for missed practices for mon/tues

3 hrs and 30 minutes of swimming - only 5200 yards or so

abs:

we do med ball training so im sure that does something (15 minutes)

then about 5 minutes of abs

mon/wed/fri are my hard ab days. i may do additional ab workouts on tues/thurs/sat to get things going faster

dinner:

3 taco sized quesedillas (screw spelling)

2 glasses of milk

1 glass of apple juice

2 filets of grilled chicken with tomatoes, lettuce and hot sauce (good condiment considering it has 0 calories and lots of vitamin C)

stupid ice cream

10 pm 200 calories of high frutose corn syup from a bottle of lipton brisk ice tea, will be metabolized about now, when i making this post

i'm going to make a more concerted effort to take extra calories i dont need. in the long run with my insane practices it doesnt hurt, but its not helping any. i gotta get out of the midn frame that i can eat absolutly anything when i want to, every bit counts.

sometime soon i have to get a body fat % test, otherwise i'll have no clue how to gauge my progress. considering im not losing weight per say but over all fat %. i may have problems achieving this goal if im in a healthy fat range and i want to lose fat during season. (my coach hates that)

Edited by ich bin ein berliner

Well, good luck, try and post some pics soon  :boing:

about the pictures i have to find a camera and someone willing to take pictures of me without sounding like i lead an alternative lifestyle... i'll probably play it off like im narcissistic.

i am making overall progress though. one guy in the locker room today said that i looked alot bigger than from the beginning of the season, its been 10 weeks so. if someone else noticed, i must be making some marked improvement.

6 packs. I am one of those fortunate almost-18 yera olds that has a natural 6 pack. :=

I do have problems when it comes to working out though. I have trouble gaining weight since of my extremely fast motabolism. I am 5'7'', about 130lbs. I lift a lot of weight for my size but i cant seem to gain weight. I am gonna give it another shot starting monday the 14 till i graduate in june.

totally dropped the ball this weekend.

we left thurs for the meet at 4

f00d:

12" sub, turkey, lettuce, tomato, provolone on a wheat roll, it tasted like crap -because there was no toppings

- i forget what dinner was

fri:

balanced breakfast

lunch - little freaking sandwitch then i ate 3 things of free quaker oatmeal things for extra calories

dinner - probably something healthy

saturday:

balanced breakfast

lunch - 2 power bars with whatever we had for lunch, again probably something healthy cause we swam at 2 pm

swim meet: i exibition 2 events, the 500 freestyle i went a 5:57 which is good for me, i beat my personal best by 17 seconds. i got lapped =/ sorta sucked but the redeeming factor was...

my awesome 1337sauce 100 breast stroke. i exibitioned that and got a 1:09.50 or something close to that. i beat the one kid who didnt exibition on our team... and it was 10 minutes after i kicked my butt in the 500 free, i was so happy

dinner: screw bad habits, between the adrenaline, racing and just generally in a competitive mood

- 11/12 slices of a pizza

- package of goobers and a nestle crunch

(i stopped eating after that because even though i wasnt TOTALLY full... i guessed i had enough calories after that)

- at 10 pm, medium strawberry milk shake from mc donalds

today:

- cheese omlet

- milk

- apple juice

- bagel w/ cream cheese

lunch

- i forget but it was healthy

dinner:

2 pieces of pizza

- milk/apple juice

- spagetti and meat balls

working out consisted of:

friday:

1 hr swim and swim meet

sat:

swim meet

sunday:

god rested

monday:

morning swim i guess about 4000 yards easy

afternoon-lifting and abs

lost, i swim for niagara university

tues f00d

coffee

pizza

quart of milk

(i was poor thats all i could afford)

practice since its fresh in my mind, im gonna write the whole thing out

all yards

warmup

50 free

150 free drill

150 breast drill

50 breast

200 free easy

2x 100 free on 1:30

1st set

2x

-----------------------------------

100 breast on 2:00

2x50 breast on 1:00 apiece

4 x 25 breast on :30

----------------------------------

2nd set

6 x 75

alternate free/breast every 75

first 50 drill, 25 full stroke

no interval, just 20 seconds rest after each 75

150 cool down

^ that was makeup because i miss swimming mon/wed total yards about 2000.

'real practice'

warmup B

not to get uber into it its 8 x 150

first 4 150s are a mix of drill and full stroke for each of the four strokes

free, back, breast, fly

150 free

150 drill choice

150 free

150 drill choice

uber awesome set that kicked my butt

500 free on 7:40

5 x 100 free on 1:30

400 free on 6:00

4 x 100 free on 1:30

300 free on 4:30

3 x 100 free on 1:30

200 free on 3:00

2 x 100 free on 1:30

100 free on 1:30

100 free on 1:30

kick set: (f0rget extact)

2 x

--------------------------

200 kick (i forget interval)

2 x 100 kick

2 x 50 kick

then 2 more sets that i dont really feel like explaining

this was 6100 yards

so 2000 + 6100 = 8100

figure out how many miles i swam

8100 / 1650 = c. 5.1 miles

lost often heres my profile

http://www.purpleeagles.com/sports/mswimmi...?PLAYER_ID=1392

extremly bad picture, worst picture out of the 4 years ive been here

at least your an average swimmer, id kill to have your times

my best mile that i have posted of 20+ minutes, i hold the team record for losing the most time in an event, i cut off 2:30 + from my previous mile i swam.

this past weekend i swam:

in medly relay 50 breast: 31.40 (crappy i swam a 28 the previous week)

x'ed 500 free at X5:57.29 (beat my personal best by 18 seconds)

x'ed 100 breast (10 minutes after swimming the 500) X1:09.64

- held my season best time, so hopefully next meet i'll drop a second

If you swam the mile tapered, I am sure that you would drop alot of time. Last year at IU Invite i was 20+ also, then taper and drop 2 minutes. This thursday we leave for the IU Invite again, hopefully all goes well. My lineup is 50, 100, 200, 500, 1650 free plus any B relays that I might be on, if any. I remember the first time I broke 6 minutes in the 500, now I've vowed not to stop swimming until I break 5.....even if it takes til im 30

And your breastroke kills me, swim a 50 of it twice a year at our intersquad meet. Think i go like 37 or something like that

If you swam the mile tapered, I am sure that you would drop alot of time. Last year at IU Invite i was 20+ also, then taper and drop 2 minutes. This thursday we leave for the IU Invite again, hopefully all goes well. My lineup is 50, 100, 200, 500, 1650 free plus any B relays that I might be on, if any. I remember the first time I broke 6 minutes in the 500, now I've vowed not to stop swimming until I break 5.....even if it takes til im 30

And your breastroke kills me, swim a 50 of it twice a year at our intersquad meet. Think i go like 37 or something like that

plz tell me that this is a 2 day meet

Hehe unclean. Right now in school i have a running/lifting program i am doing. Actually, i have been sick so i plan to start monday. I am going to run at least 3 miles, and i have my lifting program at school and forgot wat it is. I will let you know the rest when i look at it again. I am extremely lazy. That doesnt bode well for this fitness stuff.

havnt been extremly faithful on this but im tryin as much as i can. im eating very healthy with very little indulgences.

my coach gave us each index cards with things we should work on. this is what he wrote

kirch - believe

100/200 breast

Technique:

- head position

- arm strenth

- core development

500 free

-endurance free 2x week

basically this means i have permission to pimp out my upper body. core includes, back (light back work cause it gets screwed up easy), abs (main goal), lats and pecs. then i get my arms to work on, bi, tris and forearms.

im going to go to the gym early today to edit my workout plan so i can refocus my lifting program to specifically adress my new goals. I still have about 2 months of good, moderate to heavy lifting (in respects to swimming) before i taper.

lifting isnt till 1:30 today but im going to wreck havoc on my abs and experiment with an edited lifting program. If i dont have pictures up by this weekend, im going home for thanksgving and i'll do them then.