screenz-r-fun

stutters

GC Alumni

No idea on when. Geometry is all done, and I've got the bombsites set. Originally was going to do 3 sites (A, B, C; you can actually label an area "Bombsite C" and the bots even call it out) but the way I had it laid out it was too easy for the Ts (CTs would have to control 4 completely separate choke points). Seems to play well with 2 sites now, on either side of the enormous pillars in the big room (with the cathedral ceiling open at the top). So all that's left is to do the lighting, which is time-consuming but not all that difficult.

Also, hooked up the N64 and played for a little while, just walking around and looking. My thought was initially that I'd be able to bang out the geometry for Facility in a day or two, but I discovered that the size of floor tiles is inconsistent between some areas and others. Also, I'm torn between doing the multiplayer version, or going all-out and doing Facility + Runway (My brother used a Game Shark a while back and made a 007 file with all the cheats, so I'll be able to just leave the game on and not worry about enemies. Yay!). Obviously the larger level might be cooler in terms of objective-based play, but at the same time it's very linear once you get out of the multiplayer-only area, so not only would it take a long time to move through, but the defender would have it very easy.

Edited by mookie

I always take screenshots of the scores when i am owning the whole server :boing:

That way, when i am old, I can show my grandkids and they will stand in awe in my presence...

Edited by discombobulated

No idea on when. Geometry is all done, and I've got the bombsites set. Originally was going to do 3 sites (A, B, C; you can actually label an area "Bombsite C" and the bots even call it out) but the way I had it laid out it was too easy for the Ts (CTs would have to control 4 completely separate choke points). Seems to play well with 2 sites now, on either side of the enormous pillars in the big room (with the cathedral ceiling open at the top). So all that's left is to do the lighting, which is time-consuming but not all that difficult.

Also, hooked up the N64 and played for a little while, just walking around and looking. My thought was initially that I'd be able to bang out the geometry for Facility in a day or two, but I discovered that the size of floor tiles is inconsistent between some areas and others. Also, I'm torn between doing the multiplayer version, or going all-out and doing Facility + Runway (My brother used a Game Shark a while back and made a 007 file with all the cheats, so I'll be able to just leave the game on and not worry about enemies. Yay!). Obviously the larger level might be cooler in terms of objective-based play, but at the same time it's very linear once you get out of the multiplayer-only area, so not only would it take a long time to move through, but the defender would have it very easy.

sooooo....how's she looking?

GC Alumni

It's coming together. Mainly working on trying to reproduce a few of the trickier lighting effects in the level, e.g. the columns of light coming through some of the moving doors. I might just give up on that though. Managed to get the light coming through the open ceiling looking good, although apparently I don't have a screen of it on hand.

EDIT:

goldeneyetemplelighting00043uz.th.jpg

goldeneyetemplelighting00051yq.th.jpg

goldeneyetemplelighting00063al.th.jpg

goldeneyetemplelighting00070cj.th.jpg

goldeneyetemplelighting00088ql.th.jpg

Edited by mookie

• 2 weeks later...