Help, my comp!

gOOters

Well, I am pretty much computer dumb, and my computer got radically jacked up after I defraged it last time. I have done an "over the top" windows (2000 Pro) installation and now my new windows isn't seeing any of my programs. Everything is in my hard drive, but it doesn't run on my new windows. How do I transfer everything (CS stuff) without having to reinstall everything and take up twice as much hard drive space??? o0o

Whomsoever helps me with this, I will be bound to with what your people call a "life debt". -=sad=- gOOt

Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guests

here is my 10 step guide for any windows problem

1) call Dell, INtel, etc and wait for them to forward u to their tech support in india where the operators speak bad english and advise you to worship your nearest cow.

2) Windex your computer screen, just to make it clean and shiny when you put a crowbar through it.

3) Ask El Barto, chances are with his help your computer will go up in a nice firey explosion that looks cool, get some marshmellows and make some s'mores

4) Read the 4,000,000 page manual cover to cover and realize most of it is the tech writers life story in his desperate attempt to get a publisher to give him an advance to write a novel

5) Offer to trade your broken computer to some hobo for some 90 proof vodka, trust me its worth the trade

6) If the hobo's aint biting, find some random asian high schooler, chances are he will press a 3 button combination and everything will be miracuresly cured

7) Set an alter to Satan up by your computer, thus opening a gateway to hell were you can sell your soul for windows 98- the only good one.

8) If your an ME user like me- just shoot yourself cause it aint gonna be fixed.

9) Suckup to Orbital so he will do everyting for you for a small fee of your immortal soul.

10) if all else fails call up hambone and have him blow the damn thing up with an awp.

Was it Win2000 before? It sounds like you have no choice but to reinstall your programs. If you install them in the same location it won’t take up any extra space. Do you know if you are using the NTFS file system? (My Computer>C:<Right-Click>Properties “File System: NTFS/FAT32�). If you are using NTFS (you should be with Win2k or XP) defragging is not necessary DON’T DO IT. If you are using FAT32 BACK UP YOUR FILES then re-install Win2k using the NTFS file system. Then reinstall your programs.