BiGBonES's graphics upgrade

*BiGBonES**

Hello friends and family,

I'm having a hard time choosing what card to get. I have three options:

Click here fore options

Prices (conversions - also take into account these things generally cost more in the uk)

Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-050-LT)

A friend will supply it second hand for 147.883 USD

XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT43A-NDF6) (GX-024-XF)

Website = 189.986 USD

XFX GeForce 6600 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT43AUDF6) (GX-044-XF)

Website = 245.208 USD

So this is a case of performance v budget.

-I'd prefer the cheapest card but I want the best performance

-I'm unsure whether or not I want to upgrade within the next 2 years. Will the second hand card last that long? (I'll need to find out how long it has been used for) HOWEVER - if I spend less money on this card, in maybe a year or something the top range cards out at the moment may have dropped in pirce to a reasonable level so I can buy them with the saved money :unsure:

If I don't go with the second hand card - would I go for the 128mb or 256mb? Theres a 55 dollar difference so if i am to spend this much more will it be worth it?

As usual, I'm greatful for any help offered

Edited by *BiGBonES**

What card do you have right now? I'm thinking of upgrading soon aswell, I'm definitely going for a 256mb card as I'm currently using an ATI 9200 128mb...I wish I could help you out, but I just don't know the performance difference between the 128mb 6600 and the 256mb 6600...I'm sure cujo will be around soon enough to clear things up...

i have the Leadtek Winfast PX6600GT TDH Extreme... (pci-e) and there isnt a HUGE difference in all 6600GT's some are overclocked some arent

In the 6600GT's benchmarks there were only like 2/3fps differences in over 15 Geforce 6600GT's

:D