problem with lust.

Guest anonymous

norguard, how old are you? this is some of the best advice i have ever heard, you really sound like a pastor or a counselor or something. i completely agree with everything you have to say. cowboy, just talking to god is a start, but you NEED to confess too, that is what god gave us fellowship for.

Heh... ...I'm 22, a private music teacher, and I think way too much for my own good.

...I played Dr. Phil in highschool with every girl, ever. Ever. I gave them two answers, every time - the proper answer, and the one that would fix the current problem with the relationship.

...but I just wouldn't feel right as a Christian councellor... I've still got plenty of stuff that I need to work out, and get solid, before I can stand up to the scrutiny of helping to teach people to live right.

Advice, I'm good with. Ideas, I'm good with... ...teaching, ironically, not so much so.

I'm just a guy hoping to have a happy wife some time in the future, with a white pickett fence, and 2.5 kids.

• 10 months later...

Wow, this is an old one, but I thought I'd post this quote up here in light of Haggard and others like him.

"We must not psychologize sexual immorality as a symptom of woundedness and fail to see the horrific problem of indwelling sin. Don’t minimize the depth, complexity, ugliness, and danger of sexual sin by insisting that it is a sexual addiction or disease brought on by one’s family of origin. Sexual immorality is an expression of raw self-centeredness. If we don’t deal with the reality of indwelling sin and all of its corruption, recovery is simply reduced to effective behavior management or worse, a life of continued relapses."

-Dr. Harry W. Schaumburg

Sexual immorality is a poinson and it will kill you.