Chateau de Peckles

Peckles

Chateau de Peckles (AKA the MusffinKing, AKA Alex Harvey)

Well, now that I've been assimilated by the GC CS:S community, I feel comfortable enough to share with you my ugly-as-sin website. I have it on a tripod template because a)I have forgotten the vast majority of HTML that I used to know, and B)I never knew that much to begin with.

So, what is this site? Well, you can either see for yourself, or read this. Chances are you'll read this regardless of what else you do. Anyways, this is a site. Yes, shocking. It houses a bunch of my own creative works, predominantly music. I've written around 50 or 60 of my own songs (more currently in the works) and I've done a few covers, totalling four 'CDs'. Each song has its own page, complete with lyrics (where applicable) and music, in midi format in the background. I've also made small comments for each song.

That's about it for now. If I think of anything else I'll likely forget.

Warning: This site contains emotional content!

Edit: Please don't be too critical.

Edited by Peckles

I'm not afraid of your deagle! RAWR!

The talent I'm missing is the ability to find a group that can play the songs.

Also on the site is a story I wrote, under the menu there's a tab called 'Wojingralk' or something. It's a story I wrote (one of the times) when I was bored.

(edited)

Song for my Cat

My cat, Alice, of 12.5 years, died on Saturday night, so I wrote a song for her, and here it is. It might seem kind of strange to write a song for a cat, but she meant a lot to me, so please please please don't make fun.

The site says 'Temporary', but that's long term temporary until I finish CD #5.

Edited by Peckles

Song for my Cat

My cat, Alice, of 12.5 years, died on Saturday night, so I wrote a song for her, and here it is. It might seem kind of strange to write a song for a cat, but she meant a lot to me, so please please please don't make fun.

The site says 'Temporary', but that's long term temporary until I finish CD #5.

Thats a cool song Knifey, it sucks losing pets that you've grown adapt to and have had a long time. When I was younger and went to college I had to give up my dog to a humane society because I had no one to take care of him so I kinda know what it feels like. I still have the memories and pics and i'm sure you do too.

(edited)

I tried using Fruity Loops once, but I think I was already too used to GP. And now that GP5 has come out, I can't imagine using anything else.

i should give that a try

You should, the song I wrote for my cat sounds way better on GP5 than it does as just midi.

GP5 uses RSE (Realistic Sound Engine, or something) and guitars sound way better on it, but the drums are ter-rib-le. But it's a start.

BTW I do record all the songs on my site, so if you want to hear any of them (and my almost good voice), just e-mail me (retromon@hotmail.com) with subject line 'CHATEAU DE PECKLES' because otherwise I'll ignore it as junk mail.

And I'm sure I'll manage to incorporate Peckles somehow =D

The above e-mail address is also = to my MSN, if you're a fellow MSNite

Edited by Peckles

i know to play the drums

The thing I'm missing is a good drummer =/

We have a pretty good guitarist, another guitarist in the making, sort of...and I play bass (decently enough, anyways) and then myself and the good guitarist have decent vocals. We have a couple mediocre drummers, one's not too too bad, but room for much improvement.

...not that I'm looking to go commercial yet :blink: