friend did something to his pc again...

ishmael

have noticed that every time my friend touches his computer, something goes wrong. he tried switching his gigabyte GA-k8u motherboard from one case to another and now the thing wont boot. i took out the video card, disconnected the HD and CD, still nothing. when i turn it on it starts to spin for a second and then stops. its shouldn't be a power issue, its a 450 watt ps.

i've swapped the ram sticks out, i've checked and there is no grounding problem, unplugged everything and redone it.

ideas?

(edited)

lol. yeh.

you'll enjoy this. he ordered some new parts and started to build it. somewhere in there he did something wrong so he brought it to me. i start messing with it. a minute later i ask, "where is the cmos jumper in here i want to try and replace the bios"

he responds "there isn't one. there were only a bunch of little small place saver things where the jumpers were supposed to be. i took them all off."

i lowered my head and laughed. i laughed hard. and not with him.

you know, i haven't tried it yet- but i'm curious if the PS died or is acting up... i mean, i hope not; i'm not sure how it would have...but.. thats the only thing i can think of.

Edited by ishmael

lol. yeh.

he responds "there isn't one. there were only a bunch of little small place saver things where the jumpers were supposed to be. i took them all off."

i lowered my head and laughed. i laughed hard. and not with him.

:o

I can definitly see this quote as part of someones Sig!

rofl!!

have noticed that every time my friend touches his computer, something goes wrong. he tried switching his gigabyte GA-k8u motherboard from one case to another and now the thing wont boot. i took out the video card, disconnected the HD and CD, still nothing. when i turn it on it starts to spin for a second and then stops. its shouldn't be a power issue, its a 450 watt ps.

i've swapped the ram sticks out, i've checked and there is no grounding problem, unplugged everything and redone it.

ideas?

Its a possibility that the cpu got zapped from static electricity. Some mobos will have an audible alrm when this happens (sounds like a french police car). Take out the cpu and reinstall it. See what happens. :D