Out for the Count with Continued Crash

{9+}Fluffy

I've been getting a failure on initial launch of CSS for about a week now. I think it's related to the new Nvidia drivers that I installed for my 7800 GTX.

Any road, I'm going through the long, long, long road of uninstall/reinstall, attempt to fix drivers, muck around in general. Any generally useful advice is, of course, appreciated.

Specs on rig:

Inspiron XPS Gen 2

Pentium M 2.00 GZ

2056 RAM

GeForce GO 7800 GTX 256 MB

XP Pro

ya i would go the route your going, worse case scenario just reformat, its always nice to get a clean install.

If you have never reformatted I think dell is including an image of the original shipped hard drive on a diff partiotion. You can just use that and put it back to factory defaults. I think you press F11 when you see the dell screen but i would call dell support or look on there site for the exact directions

Having an XPS gives you better support or diff support then the regular people i think, might as well try calling them.

ya i would go the route your going, worse case scenario just reformat, its always nice to get a clean install.

If you have never reformatted I think dell is including an image of the original shipped hard drive on a diff partiotion. You can just use that and put it back to factory defaults. I think you press F11 when you see the dell screen but i would call dell support or look on there site for the exact directions

Having an XPS gives you better support or diff support then the regular people i think, might as well try calling them.

Yeah, you get uber geek tech support.

The problem right now is that dxdiag is reporting a different driver version for the video card t han device manager. I'm 99% sure it's the fault of the driver-- but i'm going to need to work with the latest drivers for work.

I may fire up my old machine just to get a few frags in.