REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Playaa

The Agp rating doesnt mean anything really. It just tells you how fast it goes. I dont think there are any 8x agp mobos out there anyway but with your case the mobo will bottleneck the card but not alot. It should work perfectly fine.

(any1 correct me if im wrong but thats how much i kinda know on the subject)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Currently it doesn't matter at all. There is no performance difference between 8x and 4x at this time. NO video card or software uses the extra bandwidth ability. And your 8x card will work in a 4x mobo.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

All Nforce2 motherboards support 8x and can run at 8x AGP.

The cards support 8x, doesn't mean they NEED 8x mobo's to run.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
nah check out my mobo, Here  It is 8x and it is less than $250.

That is the exact board i am recommending right now. The Epox one is good too but Asus is the best one of the bunch (for now). You may have been able to get it a little cheaper on newegg but that is a good price.

Yes, its very nice, Dual Channel memory that can handle DDR 400, 8X, can handle the 333 bus AMDs, good sound, 2 NICs, firewire and usb 2.0.

You can changed every little thing, The bus speed by 1 Mhz, the cpu vore voltage, Agp increments by 1 Mhz.......Really nice for over clockin and gettin those extra points on 3D mark :)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Yeah, it is an awesome board. In my case it may be a better upgrade than a video card right now

yea. I had a ECS with the Ali Magik Chipset and upgraded my to the new board. Keep in mind that I kept the same processor and score on 3d Mark went up by 2000 points and that is runing it stock, with no overclocking at all.

1800+(1.53) running around 1.67

A7N8X

768 PC2100, Im thinking about upgrading to PC3200, but dont think the performance difference is worth the cost, unless I can find someone to buy this memory.

as of now GeForce4 MX (THIS should be here Monday)

20 Gig WD

40 Gig WD

The only thing I changed when I ran the benchmark was the motherboard and it was a huge improvement. The one thing I did notice is that (I think its called the fill rate) Where all the guys are running around shooting....Its really smooth now, but on my old Mobo, it was crawlin around 15 fps

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

those links do not work. You need to put up a Compare url