World Cup 06

Vovik

USA will win the Cup this year, and the whole world will stop, change its axis, and there will be catastrophic flooding across the world!!!

They'll be lucky getting by the group stage

first teams get divided up by groups. 4 teams in each group, 8 groups. they play one match against each team in their group (3 matches). Then the two top teams advance into the elimination (playoffs).

USA vs Morocco at 7pm EST on ESPN2 today, we then play Venezuela on Friday and Latvia on Sunday i believe. These are our 3 warm up games before we go to Germany. Im worried about our group since we have to play Italy and the the Czechs which we have not beaten either of. Ghana we should do fine against. But i have hope since we stuned Portugal last cup 3-2. Now im also questioning Arenas choice of Brian Ching over Taylor Twellman. And also with Frankie Hejduk out of the roster due to injury we lose our fastest player and player with the best indurance. But Arena also says that this team is better faster and mroe inshape then the team that went in 2002, so all i can do is hope we do well and stun the world again.

we freaking lost to morocco, im kinda worried now......... and the fact that claudio reyna is hurt :(

Read an article just a minute ago where they said they thought it wasn't too serious and he will most likely be back for the first game. Kinda sucks that we lost, I didn't get to watch, but from reading the recap it sounded like they got the goal off of a stupid mistake by our defense. Might actually prove good in the long run. Don't want to go into the Cup strutting like we are big and bad and get beat by Ghana. Just need to clear their heads and make a good run.

On another note. Has anyone seen anything about television programming for the Cup? Is there a TV package we can buy or even better will they be streaming any online, etc?

***Edit*** Just found this:

http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/world-cup-2006.htm

Scroll down to "On Television" and "World Cup on the Web" headings. Looks like all 64 games are going to be televised and simulcast on the web!!!

yea its old news but is still a good find on your part. i cant wait to see what happens with that situation.

anyway USA vs Venezuela was last night and we won 2-0 with goals from brian ching and clint dempsey. coulda been worse though but we just couldnt convert on some lose balls in front of the net. boby convey played and excellent game and could give curretn starter damrcus beasley a run for the starting position. last warm up game is tomorrow aginst latvia. after that its world cup time!!!!!!!!

tkc
(edited)

Anyone else find it interesting how the FIFA ranking systems are going to be changed directly after the World Cup due to the fact that the US is now a top 5 rank while major futball countries such as Germany, Italy, Argentina, England, France, don't even rank in the top 10. I think its about time they changed the ranking system. I still find it really odd how the US can be ranked in the top 5 let alone the top 15 when they have been destroyed by Germany and Italy (both 4-0 defeats) in recent months.

Edited by tkc

Yes the US lost but when they played those games they were playing people who arent even on the 23 man roster going to germany for the world cup. and germany was lucky to beat the USA int eh worl cup in 2002, even germanys coatch klinsman said the USA out played germany and should have won. the USA is strong now but i can see how people would complain about a top 5 ranking though. but they were talkign of redoing how the FIFA ranking is done well before they USA was int he top 5.

on another note final warm up game for the USA tongiht vs Latvia on ESPN2 at 7pm EST.