Ack! cpl_fire bsp version different problem

On midwest, I'm having a problem with cpl_fire. It insists it's running a different version, despite my letting it download from the server! It downloads the bz2 file, then disconnects, saying that this version of the bsp is different from the server's.

HELP!!!

Mine works fine. What I suggest is you go into your steam folder delete all the cpl_fire files, and redownload it. If that is what you have tried, maybe crossing your fingers will help.

That's worked for me before, but this time deleting the bsp and nav files and redownloading resulted in the same error message, as if the fast-download server was offering a different version of the bsp from the one running on the server...

I just deleted the cache file as well. We'll see if that did the trick... Otherwise, where can I go to download a guaranteed correct version for self-installation?

(edited)

Well, I deleted the soundcache file and all the files in the "materials\temp\" folder, as well as all files in the "downloads" folder and the database file in the cache folder, and that seems to have done the trick. I was wondering if my intarweb connection was corrupting the download with "premature finishation" or having a conflict with cache/temp files...

Edited by Goofus Maximus