So long Dallas, back to Chi-town

Flitterkill

Gave me a buzz, moving us early, said sure.

He was getting 0 packet loss all week on his test server and a 28 ping from Austin.

I'll probably have to adjust the low ping kicker to not kick Primus now seeing as he'll probably have a ping of 2 now (Hax!)

Did I mention we are on an Opteron 280 now (Jeebus!)

The private server will move some vague time later this week or next - that will be on separate hardware (Opteron 252)

Right now, it will just be us on this monster iron, along with a token 12 man private.

Tick rate bump from 25 to 30 for the foreseeable future

Move happening this afternoon

IP is 72.51.60.245

Dallas will be set for a day or two to one player, couple spec, with a spammed new location message.

Nice win yesterday guys btw!

-Fk

GC Board Member

Well, by solid he is flipping this over for our pub this afternoon (he did call me...) so if we are pimping our public server on the TWL infor page then go ahead and change it.

The private is more vague.

Longer version.

He (and some others co-loc with him) decided to move.

Still have some time with older provider.

They figured they had time to make the move (over the course of weeks)

Older provider starting to "have problems" (as in, did I accidentally plug too many servers into this power line and the power went out? Sorry...)

They (Tom, etc.) are moving stuff over as fast as they can to minimize more "accidents"

As of right now, the 280 and maybe one other box are all they have up at the new location. So he called, and the pub is going over there this afternoon.

So when the private moves is more...eh... Next couple of days (next week?) it will happen but it will - just happen.

I can give you the future IP of the private server if you like:

-Fk

(edited)

Just hopped in new Chi-Town server and no P/L and my ping never went above 40. Not bad from up here in New England. Though that was 5 bots and off peak hours. All admin stuff in place so other admins remember to add another Webadmin bookmark. Let's try and fill it up during peak tonight if we can.

Hey Flitter, when the new Private server is up would it be ok for me to do a ServerSide DemoRec test? We should get in the habit of using it if we have it. Also, can we get an admin ftp user/pass for demo folder on server or do you have to ferry those to us?

Edited by HWarrior

GC Board Member

Yeah - just got home and saw we are already up (Tom really is that good - he also covers the servers for beyondunreal.com amongst others)

Need to up the tick, etc. so expect some downtime over the next hour or two

Serversides work fine - just have to turn them on through the admin panel, then restart map (then remember to turn off once map is over otherwise :) )

As far as getting access to them - let me think on how to make this super easy

-Fk

EDIT: Revised logo in place, already set at 30 tickrate - have fun