bann3d

discom

I was banned from Midwest stock server just now.

I wasnt swearing or TKing or killing hosties.

STEAM_0:1:9265626

{GpL}discombobulated

If I did something wrong, i would like to know what i did cause i try hard to obey the rules.

Please unban

:peace:

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:32: "«xT» Sid.gc<10485><STEAM_0:0:192604><CT>" triggered "Killed_A_Hostage"

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:32: "ArmyG<10535><STEAM_0:0:7854856><TERRORIST>" say_team "we win?"

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:34: Team "CT" triggered "All_Hostages_Rescued" (CT "7") (T "5")

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:34: Team "CT" scored "7" with "11" players

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:34: Team "TERRORIST" scored "5" with "10" players

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:34: World triggered "Round_End"

L 04/17/2006 - 23:01:34: "«xT» Sid.gc<10485><STEAM_0:0:192604><CT>" triggered "Killed_A_Hostage"

Killing hosties to win the round. It was blatant. 2 shots from an AWP isn't a misfire.

Oh yeah... That is a bannable offense and I 100% agree. I'm so used to playing on the XT server where anything goes, I forgot I was on .GC. Sorry guys, as a member I should not be even in a position to be banned let alone actually banned. Sorry for that. I realize that isn't a good excuse for my behavior so I throw myself at the mercy of this court. If you can see it in your hearts to unban me, I will make a better effort because after all, I should be a model of the rules, not exception.

Thanks guys and sorry again,

-Sid

0:0:192604

No reason to discuss a ban on a gc member in the public, lets finish it here.

I lifted it, no reason imo to keep it banned, he is a gc member. If im stepping on toes sorry, but im sure the message of not killing hosties has been heard.

Nice response sid, I will let X respond now.

Please do not lift my bans for me. The general respect given to other admins should extend to me. I rarely ban so I'm not sure why this happened.

As for what happened, that's not really disputed. This was poor sportsmanship, especially given the situation. I was playing at the time of this. I would of likely lifted this tomorrow sometime, but certainly not within an hour of the ban.

The onus was not on me to respond to this. I've re-added the ban for now. I can add more specific "whys" to this as needed if anyone would question what was happening in the server at the time. But, lifting it right away is not proper.

sorry for trying to LA #1
You're not and you shouldn't be...has nothing to do with the server or your LA....

We all handle things a bit differently....you were basically trying to work side by side with X, not offend him..I can see it.

No biggie, X wants it, let him have it.

My point is that your apology might be for stepping on toes on accident, not for doing your job. :)

What confused me was that the ban was lifted without even letting me respond. Then followed up with "I'll let X respond". :twitch: The ban was basically mooted by being lifted already. Dunno how many times I've seen the "we'll let the admin who banned you respond" in the banned forums before action is taken. The only times this really doesn't happen are on mistake bans, or those that are older. But certainly not in situations like this.

As for a GC member, I dunno. I'd ban anyone for killing hosties purposely. Shouldn't have to worry about GC members doing it tho, so I'm not sure there's a need to treat them specially when they do.

No apologies or anything were needed. I'll do what I think is right and re-ban in situations like this. If there's some question as to the reasonableness of a ban, well, that's a different topic.

The ban's been removed btw.

what i meant by it being a gc member is to get it out of the "public" and then to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

I thought it was a good apology by sid, sorry for not letting you remove the ban.

These are the reasons i like to stay away from the g0tbanned forums.