Help! homestereo/surround gurus

Laz.e.rus

I want to buy a 5.1 receiver/component system. BUT, I dont want any poopy lil speakers I want to keep the ones I have and add a sub and a center. Here are my speaker stats, will these work and plz recommend a system.

loudspeakers( x2)

400 watt/8 ohm/91db

Pioneer (x2) CS-G203

100 watt/8ohm

Left channel on my old system is toast. Need a new one for tv/dvd/cable/vcr/ aux=guitar/dc player

$175-$325 range plz.

Thank you!

Sony

JVC

Panasonic

The Sony will probably offer the best bang for your buck...but none of these are really worth it...that being said you'll have to spend a little more than $350 USD to get a decent receiver...I personally recommend anything by Marantz or Yamaha ...but you'll quickly find yourself in the $1200+ area...if you don't mind your receiver possibly dying in the next 3-5 years then go with the Sony...otherwise keep saving! And NEVER EVER buy from anyone but an authorized dealer! Even people like Best Buy are a waste of money as Sony and other major brands often outsource their name to weird companies specifically for sale in the "big store" catagory...so beware! (this includes *gag*Wal-mart/Zellers/Target etc.*/gag* I always tell people, never spend more than $100 on any single item at those stores, it's just not worth it!)

I have to tell you, the first 5.1 sys I ever owned (6 years ago) was a Kenwood VR-307...good value for the money...good clean power...

Two years ago I bought a 6.1 kenwood DTS system and am still amazed. that was about $700. You can find some good receivers for sale on Ebay if you spend the time...

Lots of ppl like sony, but at the time, Kenwood was one of the bust buys for the money, considering the presets, EQ, speaker configs, DTS decoding, etc...