Shared Ban System for Source.

Guest ash-

I think it's dumb. So many admins out there think people are cheating when they really aren't. Get accidently banned for cheating and you're suddenly banned on 500 servers.

Even if they do have some sort of form to fill-out to request a person to be banned what kind of things do they need to have? Screenshots? Demos?

I think it's dumb. So many admins out there think people are cheating when they really aren't. Get accidently banned for cheating and you're suddenly banned on 500 servers.

Even if they do have some sort of form to fill-out to request a person to be banned what kind of things do they need to have? Screenshots? Demos?

The SBS (Shared Ban System) will be a bit different as for people to get banned we have some guidelines soon available on the website. For example we need a demo of at least 5 minutes of the person in violation with the STEAM ID. Our experienced admin team will then analyse the demo and if all think its a cheater they will ban it on our list.

and after 3 of our admins have checked the demo file, our team will decide to ban or not.

Yea that would worry me. What if I got on a p90 chainsaw rampage on Italy and took out 6 guys in a row? Instant ban? Even Ive been accused of hacking and booted. Never hacked in my whole carreer in online gaming. As for the 8000 bans these 3 admins have reviewed... Lets see 8000 demos veiwed multiplied by say what a 30 sec demo give or take is about 240000 secs divided by 3600 secs in an hour equels 66 hours or or almost 3 days straight. That is almost a full time job. Might be good if it worked well. But Ill stick with GC. :D