2 problems; BF2 start up and headset.

Allanon

Ok, I have two major problems.

1) Whenever I start up Battlefield 2 it crashes right when it should to go the movie scene where it shows all the logos and then the intro movie

2) I just got a brand new spanking pair of LTB 5.1 suround sound headphones, only problem is a) I don't know which sockets are best to plug them in *I have a creative x-fi* sound card, *the music master one, or whatever it's called*. Also, I get a buzzing noise when I move my mouse around and I yesterday while playing Counter strike with, I would hear the gun fire twice when I only shot once.

I know this is a bunch of stuff, so even a little advice is appreciated. Hope I don't burden anyone too much. Thanks, Allanon

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

1) Whenever I start up Battlefield 2 it crashes right when it should to go the movie scene where it shows all the logos and then the intro movie

2) I just got a brand new spanking pair of LTB 5.1 suround sound headphones, only problem is a) I don't know which sockets are best to plug them in *I have a creative x-fi* sound card, *the music master one, or whatever it's called*. Also, I get a buzzing noise when I move my mouse around and I yesterday while playing Counter strike with, I would hear the gun fire twice when I only shot once.

I know this is a bunch of stuff, so even a little advice is appreciated. Hope I don't burden anyone too much. Thanks, Allanon

Dunno about BF2 but I used to get the buzzing noise when moving my mouse around as well. I think I stopped this by muting my mic on the old onboard audio before I got an x-fi. Do your speakers have a headphone jack? that's usually the best place to plug in some head phones. If not, you can enable the headphone detection thingy on the creative console and I think it will detect your phones no matter what jack you plug it in.

I had a similar problem with crashing after I applied one of the patches. The little splash screen would come up, the screen would go black, then it would crash back to the desktop. The solution for me was to delete the BF2 folder that is under My Documents (back it up first just in case) so that the game had to create a new one. Once I did that BF2 would start and all I had to do was use Retrieve Account to get my profile back.

I had a similar problem with crashing after I applied one of the patches. The little splash screen would come up, the screen would go black, then it would crash back to the desktop. The solution for me was to delete the BF2 folder that is under My Documents (back it up first just in case) so that the game had to create a new one. Once I did that BF2 would start and all I had to do was use Retrieve Account to get my profile back.

ok thanks

Dunno about BF2 but I used to get the buzzing noise when moving my mouse around as well. I think I stopped this by muting my mic on the old onboard audio before I got an x-fi. Do your speakers have a headphone jack? that's usually the best place to plug in some head phones. If not, you can enable the headphone detection thingy on the creative console and I think it will detect your phones no matter what jack you plug it in.

It has a headphone which plugs into some box *decoder* thing then there's a USB plug for the power, and three audio cables, green blue and pink one *center, rear, and front* I plugged them in the same way as the manual said so hopefully that should work.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

ok thanks

It has a headphone which plugs into some box *decoder* thing then there's a USB plug for the power, and three audio cables, green blue and pink one *center, rear, and front* I plugged them in the same way as the manual said so hopefully that should work.

A bit OT but I would not recommend using headphones at all for any sort of gaming. I used to be a headphone junkie when it came to gaming but that all stopped once I got tinnitus and hearing problems (difficulty comprehending speech in a crowded room, etc). Hearing extra footsteps with a pair of powerful headphones is just not worth it no matter what volume level you set or how safe the company claims they are. The fact of the matter is that games produce an insane level of sound compared to music. Stick to some good surround sound speakers and you won't have to hear this stupid ear ringing crap for the rest of your life!

Edited by ash-

If anyone still visits this, I still have the mouse ringing noise. Again, it's not loud, rather just an annoyance. Ash, you are wrong however, I had plugged in the wrong ports, headphones are great for gaming. Now everything is working I just need to get rid of this mouse ringing (Could it be due to the fact that I have a wireless mouse?*

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
If anyone still visits this, I still have the mouse ringing noise. Again, it's not loud, rather just an annoyance. Ash, you are wrong however, I had plugged in the wrong ports, headphones are great for gaming. Now everything is working I just need to get rid of this mouse ringing (Could it be due to the fact that I have a wireless mouse?*

Ahh well, don't say I told you so a few years down the line :P. about the buzzing, i found this link: http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/archive/...php/t-2096.html

Looks like it may be interference from the way you have your wires setup? Seems plausible to me. I only remember hearing this sound when I had nothing running. You may also be able to stop the buzz by turning your speakers down some so that you have to use the volume dialog to effectively change your volume. This solves some interference problems with my logitech x-530 speakers that happen when the speaker volume is set too high.

(edited)

Ahh well, don't say I told you so a few years down the line :P. about the buzzing, i found this link: http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/archive/...php/t-2096.html

Looks like it may be interference from the way you have your wires setup? Seems plausible to me. I only remember hearing this sound when I had nothing running. You may also be able to stop the buzz by turning your speakers down some so that you have to use the volume dialog to effectively change your volume. This solves some interference problems with my logitech x-530 speakers that happen when the speaker volume is set too high.

No it's not that loud. It doesn't happen unless I am using the LTB headset, and it's not the USB 5.1 it's just the normal one so it's plugged into my Creative sound card, X-fi. I just hear this buzzing noise in my headset, take it off don't hear anything, and don't hear it while musing is going. Nor do I hear it when I don't move my mouse. Also get a tiny static when loading games. *sighs* I don't think I'll figure out the problem.

Here's linky to LTB headset I have http://www.xoxide.com/ltb-ac97-51-surround-headphones.html

Edited by Allanon754.gc

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

No it's not that loud. It doesn't happen unless I am using the LTB headset, and it's not the USB 5.1 it's just the normal one so it's plugged into my Creative sound card, X-fi. I just hear this buzzing noise in my headset, take it off don't hear anything, and don't hear it while musing is going. Nor do I hear it when I don't move my mouse. Also get a tiny static when loading games. *sighs* I don't think I'll figure out the problem.

Here's linky to LTB headset I have http://www.xoxide.com/ltb-ac97-51-surround-headphones.html

Sorry, I forgot you were talking about headphones. Have you seen this link? http://gruntville.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php...360e5ee1#154623

Draeth

GrunT MasteR L337

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Sennheiser's then or another pair of the P 90's if I want to go cheap.

The reviews I've seen for those LTB ones aren't that good. Some say the 5.1 is excellent and works beautifully, then others pointed out that with some motherboards the USB power cord causes a low freq buzz in the background due to the cables being unshielded. :(

LTB does have a fix for the buzzing but you have to buy an USB/AC adapter for an extra $10.